Wow what a weekend it has been for me. I finally got my telephone nitch finished along with all of the other stuff I was able to do (see prior 2 posts). Well here is the step by step on the nitche'
It started out like this.
I added sides to it to hide some of the uglies.
Then I had to fix part of the arch, and paint
A few of the neat things about this piece that I found while working on it. were the bell
which I did not paint over.
I added some 1/2 spindles to it to, and I left the chippy back un-touched.
When it was all done, I brought it in and hung it on the wall.
I turned it into a shadow box of sorts. I'll be able to change out the display with the seasons. Sorry the pics are blury, but these showed the actual color the best,
The Flash washed it out. I'm real pleased with this project. Funny thing is I found another nitch' at an antique store yesterday, It wasn't as nice as this one though. I didn't pick it up. One is enough for me.
See ya tomorrow,
Party Junk 216 – Salvaged Junk Christmas Candles
33 minutes ago