Thursday, September 24, 2009

Junk Bonanza Day 1-Time to Shop



Thursday morning came and it was time to get shopping!!!!!

The Dealers had beautiful displays throughout, and it was impossible to see everything. The pics above and below are from Cammie's space


There was a little bit of everything, and in mass quantities

Below is Gretchen of Mimi-Toria's. Gretchen specializes in jewelry, and was so nice to give me a great necklace with a Greyhound on it.

For those who don't know. My husband and I have adopted 3 retired racing greyhounds. They are the best dogs.

Thank you so much Gretchen, this will always be a special piece for me.

Gretchen shared a space wit h Lani of Cottage Elements. There were 3 or 4 ladies in this space, and they were the second on the left when you walked in the tent. They were busy busy all week.

Project Alert!!!!!

The candle holders above were made by Lori of Whistle Stop. Can you tell what they are made of? They are old gutter cages. Great project Lori, thanks for letting me share it.

Ki and her sister and daughter worked into the night to make the Junk Revolution store beautiful.

Look at all those t-shirts. Remember I folded most of them. And that's only the guys shirts.


The Shops of Carver put together these wonderful junk journals Designed by Liana Dresselhaus
. I'm sure you'll be seeing these in more detail in the future. But for now let me say that Jane told me I was the inspiration for this project. Remember the Junk Calendar from last year? Well each month of the book has great junk pictures taken by the ladies. I love seeing how projects morph and change with each new creative person. These were given away in the early bird bags and were also available for purchase.

See those wonderful pumpkins. That's another Project Alert for you. I'm working on making some for myself for some Fall Displays at my mall spaces.
They were made by Sara Smith of Seasons in Carver. The stem is a branch and look at those cute springs coming out near the stems. Decopage Glue, here I come.

Amy of Whisperwood Cottage was nice enough to give me one of her iJunk Tshirts. Thank you Amy, I just love it.


there was no shortage of the odd and unusual junk items at this show. And there was so much I couldn't take home with me.

What is it??? I think it said it was a washing machine agitator. Mounted on top of a tri-pod.

We gathered together later in the day, and caught Nancy Soriano busy organizing her purchases for shipment. Ki had arranged for a shipper to come by every day at 4:00 and he would take care of shipping your purchases for you. I just love that bag Nancy picked up. Project Alert: It's made from one of those old linen calendar towels that we've all seen before.

Looks like Heather likes it too.
Tomorrow the Blog Party, more pretty displays, and several more project alerts.
Hope you Enjoyed.

9 comments:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

You're welcome, Margo!

Amy

Riverwood Primitives said...

Very much enjoyed the pictures! Wish I could have gone.

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

How exciting to visit your blog and see some junking friends...Gretchen and Lani are junk buddies of mine. I am in awe of this great event. To my knowledge we have nothing in Canada that even comes close to it.
Happy day.
xojanis

The Whistle Stop said...

Thanks for sharing my votive holders, Margo. I see things in your photos that I never had a chance to see at the Bonanza. Cammie's on the Junk Jaunt in NE today! I talked to her earlier and she already has lot's of junk in the truck!
Looking forward to more pictures!
Laurie

Gretchen said...

So enjoyed meeting you Margo. Ever since last years Bonanza when you came with the Red Shed girls, I've been following your blog. Love it that we were able to meet and talk a bit. Your welcome for the necklace, and I'm thrilled to have brought you some joy through gifting it to you. Pretty cool about the adopted greyhounds too.
Fun to see your great post with all the wonderful booths I missed. lol There's always next year, and I was selling then, instead of buying.
Gretchen
http://mimitoriasdesigns.blogspot.com

Lanette of Cottage Elements said...

Hey, Margo! Like I said before, great to be able to meet you this time. Would love to have had more time, but then things were busy, busy, busy (which is a good thing, right?). Love your new profile picture. Ha! Looks like you need to rest up! Take care!

Lani

jillskict said...

My mom was a vendor there this year and we spent all day Thursday there, I had SO much fun, I wish I could have gone all three days. I am actually wearing one of my "new" necklaces from there today for the first time! I literally just stumbled upon your blog but I am so glad that I did!!!!

jodi said...

Looks like you got lots of inspiration and energized! Is in it amazing all the creative people that are in the world? Thanks Lord for making us all unique!

JB Knacker said...

It was so nice to meet you at the Bonanza. I'm the gal behind the washing machine agitator on the tripod. We had a fun show and looking forward to next year! Brenda

Blog Widget by LinkWithin