Monday, August 16, 2010

More Arkansas Fun




The Trailer was pretty full, when Jodi found this set of lockers. The seller agreed to help us re-pack the trailer. So I think this is the first time we pulled it all out to repack. I think we did this at least 3 or 4 times total.



These snow cones were a welcomed treat. I love coconut, Jodi got Kiwi strawberry and sported a red tongue all day.

Remember when I said our clothes were Cool and oh so unfashionable. But frankly nothing was cool, but I can only take the heat with 100% cotton. This is a perfect example. And you can see my sunburn in the pic below. By day 3 I found my sunscreen.

Margo, Picking

Jodi found the best place at this stop


This is one of the pieces I got that I didn't actually bring home. The seller sets up at Canton, and will bring it to the next show in September. I also got an industrial floor cart, that would make a great coffee table. Can't wait to get my hands on these.

Be sure to stop by Jodi's blog and leave a comment, she's feeling lonely over there. She's got more pictures of our trip too. Pics of me on her camera, and pics of her are on my camera.

Some lessons learned:
Don't bring dolly, it's not needed, and is always in the way in the trailer.
Bring cardboard boxes instead of rubber tubs. We actually left 2 behind because we couldn't pack them.
Use Sunscreen from day 1
Bring lots of extra undies, they get soaked with sweat.
Bring wash cloths and bandana's soaked in water to keep cool and wipe off the sweat. We were glistening quite nicely.

Margo


7 comments:

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Margo it sounds like you had the BEST fun....! EXCEPT for the sweating that is....hahahahahaha....!!!

I'm LOVING all these awesome pieces you're showing us & will pop in & say hey to Jodi....!!

Cheers from Oz,
Tamarah :o)

Starla said...

Oh Margo! It looks so HOT! I am too wimpy for this trip so remind me of that if I ever say I want to go with you guys! Thanks for the pictures and stories. Sounds like you both had fun.

Starla said...

Oh Margo! It looks HOT! Remind me that I'm too wimpy to go with you guys on this adventure should I say I want to in the future!

Beth said...

love the extra undies tip.

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

I think you need a bigger trailer!

Mona Kay Gorman said...

Fabulous!!! I am inspired! Great lessons learned too, I am taking not!!

Diane in the Valley said...

ok Margo, Want to see what you do with all your treasures! Any pictures of Winnies'? Got a card from the Greyhound rescue today thanking me for the donation. Had to do it, they looked so sad in your post, hope it helps. Diane:)o

Blog Widget by LinkWithin