Sunday, June 24, 2007

Happy Sunday

Hello to all who read my blog, I hope you are having a great day. I've had a good weekend at the sales and are glad that they are over and for the day of rest. Although I love going to sales, I am glad that it is only a few days a week and the rest of the week can be spent creating.

DH and I went to an antique store in a nearby town and saw this creation. I think it is made from those screens that we used to have in the 70's. I know my parents had a few they used as room dividers.

What a great idea, and it's going up on my windows/doors ideas page.

Went to a few sales on Saturday and was able to pick up these items. I will be painting, sanding, staining, and fixing these up for my
Barn Sale.

.

Now for a makeover before and after, What a difference a week and some paint make.
Before
After
The top doesn't have that discoloration, that had something to do with the flash.I'm pleased with the result, and it's going in the barn sale.

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

Margo,
Great finds as usual. Love how the desk turned out. You gotta love paint.
Just got back from the flea market myself.
Have a good rest of the day.
Rosemary

Green Bean Workshop said...

I KNEW that desk was going to be a real gem after you got done with it! Great job as usual!

Simply Me Art said...

Hi there Margo, How beautiful that looks. You got some great finds this weekend also. Jamie

Nicole said...

LOVE the desk!
It turned out great!!! :o)
~Nicole

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Wow, what great work you are doing! I love the desk too. Do you have a chair to go with it? Have a great day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin