Monday, September 17, 2007

It still needs something....


Maybe some legs and an applique

Now what color to paint it??? I wonder. And what about those missing knobs?
Tune in tomorrow

Now for some eye candy. DH and I went for a little retail therapy yesterday to my favorite antique/junk store, Pandora's Box, in Frankston Texas.

I love all the stuff they've got, it's just full of treasures and truly unique items. And the displays are wonderful





I found these little gems to take home with me.


Those are genuine, vintage herb packets, I just love the packaging, and they were only $2.00 ea.
And the Black & White Pots will go great in my office

Tune in tomorrow for the finished sewing drawer project, I think You'll like it.

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hi Margo,
Your project looks great, can't wait to see the finished product.
Love that shop!! My kind of shop for sure.
The black and white pots are really pretty. I might have had to have those as well.
Have a great Monday!
Rosemary

Cherwood said...

Hi Margo - I'm glad to see your step-by-step photos of this project. I've been interested in this since you first showed us the photo of the red one. We picked up an old Singer last weekend for $20, so it will be perfect for this project. Did you just use scrap wood for top, bottom and middle section (between drawers)? Is there a trick to removing the drawer frames?

Thanks, Cheryl

Simply Me Art said...

Margo your latest project looks Fabulous...Cant wait to see the Pain and Knobs... That store is right up my alley too.... The Sharpie is still there. We tried the Alcolhol and No luck!! Beauty supply this week. She learned her lesson, Now she Hates it. Hehehehehe.Payback!! Have a Wonderful Week.

Margo said...

cherwood, I purchased these drawers, already removed, but I think it would simply be a couple of screws and they're off. I'll post a "lessons Learned" tomorrow with the finished project. I did add my little touch to it as you will see. I used scrap wood for it all, DH routed the edges for me. I haven't learned the router yet.

Rosemary, I noticed, in one of the pictures, a 3rd larger size. I may have to go back for it. :)

TinaTx said...

I'm going to make a wild guess and say you picked up some cool knobs at Pandora's. I intended to go over on Saturday but it never did quite pan out. Maybe Friday after I drop off the windows.
Can't wait to see your finished project.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Margo: I love Pandora's Box; one of my fav. places to visit/shop. I found one the coolest mannequins with them that I still have.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin