Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fabulous Finds and great stuff in the mail

This has been a great junking week. First there was an estate sale yesterday and I found these cute items.
Feel free to inquire if you see something you like.

I know, what am I going to do with Kennel Club ribbons? Actually I bought them for the metal "committee" tags, and the ribbons came with them.
Then today there was another estate sale and I picked up these great items.

see that napkin, it has little rhinestones sewn onto the bells

The prices were pretty good. The glass knobs were cheaper than I usually see them, and I just love those giant, yellowed, stencils from the 1950's. I think they would look great framed

Then tonight it was time for the Gresham sale. I was asked to work, and jumped at the opportunity. I met so many nice people, and saw stuff just flying out of there. Jodi and Glo put on a great sale. I picked up these items there.


Above is a bell, that hangs on a door and rings when the door is opened.
And below, are a corn dryer, and the candle thing is meant to sit on the back of a pew
and came out of a local church. I got 2 of those.

See how it sits on the back of a chair or pew. perfectly chippy!!!
I'm not selling the candelabra, or the corn dryer.

Below are candle clips for a Christmas tree. I have an idea for them.

People are always asking me what I'm going to do with something. Sometimes, I know exactly and sometimes, I have no idea, but I know I better scoop it up. So, the answer is I don't know exactly what I will do with these things, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Also in the mail today
I got my Mable Bag.
Does anyone remember all those aprons I purchased in Canton a few months ago? Well I purchased those for my friend Ki, who uses them on her Mabel bags that she sells in her store. And today I got my bag and I love it.

Ki's sister Karla makes these

This back part is a pocket from the apron. It's a great bag and a good size.
Be sure to pop over to Ki's store to see all the wonderful re-purposed treasures that she has.
Well that was my junking week, and tomorrow is Garage Sale Friday, Yeah!!!!! I love living in the south, where we have year round sales.

There is still lots left at the Gresham Barn, so
pop over there and do some Christmas shopping,
see the post below for all the info.
see ya on the junk pile,
Margo


6 comments:

Mindy said...

I love the pew candle holders. Love 'em! You did do good this week! ~Mindy

Vickie said...

Hey - the Christmas Barn Sale was SO Great! Everything was really Christmas-y, the sights and sounds and smells - it's really getting me in the holiday spirit! Glad I got to come! Take care & have a good Thanksgiving! Vickie

Jill said...

You've been tagged! (Hope you have time for such things!)

pedalpower said...

Wow you got some great stuff! Love the doorknobs!

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

I absolutely love that bell!!!

Shannon

. said...

Margo,

I love those poodle ribbons!
and those pew candle holders..you find the neatest stuff!

Jan

Blog Widget by LinkWithin