Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fun junkin weekend, and I'm oh so tired


Well the sale at Nita's is over, and it was a huge success for all involved. And best of all, we cleared out some space for Nita so she can get some more stuff.
Lots of friends, and blog readers stopped by.
Shelly from Shelley's Vintage Variety came by and later brought a friend with her for more shopping.


Blogger from Emma tree came by, and was a bit camera shy, which is strange as she is a photographer. She purchased this great yard photo.

Jodi of the Gresham Barn Sale came by and got some vintage Christmas stuff for the
Christmas in the Country sale coming up Nov 20-22 (you'll hear more about that later)

It truly pays to help a fellow pack rat with her Garage Sale.
I found something new to bring home each and every day that I was there.
She gave me this great old mirror frame. I love the curves

And look at this old heater, and clock

I also found an old secretary, that will be parted out. Look at these wonderful fretwork doors


And a couple of wire baskets. And the coolest piece was this old
table, or foot stool. Not sure which, but I loved the chippy green paint and those beautiful spindles legs.


On the way home from Nita's yesterday, I stopped by Syd's place,
Once Upon a Time


There seems to be some confusion as to their location.They are Inside the loop on Old Bullard at 3722 Old Bullard Rd.

These 4 ladies put on a great grand opening and had lots of customers when I was there.
From Left to Right are Linda, Beth, Syd and Mary. And these 4 ladies know how to display.





Now my focus is onto the
Christmas in the Country Sale, at the Gresham Barn
, and then the Holidays. Whew!!! Junking keeps me busy.
Margo

5 comments:

Vee said...

I think that "Once Upon a Time" is a great name for a shop. I took gazillion photos of one by that name earlier this summer.

Time for a long nap, Margo!

Vickie said...

Hey, Margo - enjoyed coming by the Sale. I have never seen so much junk in one place. It was great - looks like you had a great turnout. I'll have to stop by Syd's place and see what's up. I think I've met her before at her other place. Looking forward to the Christmas sale, too!
If you wanna have lunch one day, call me -

Brenda Pruitt said...

I've only lived here three years, but I don't think I've heard of the Gresham event. As soon as my Pathfinder gets out of the shop, I shall go visit your friend's store!
Brenda

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Margo,I am so glad I got to meet you in person. I have always loved Anita sales,she has the most interesting stuff. It was so nice of you to help her out. "Once upon a Time" looks like a neat place.I will try and check it out ,when I get the chance.
Have a blessed week....Shelley

Marge of Emmas Nook and Granny said...

Once again you came home with some great finds. Good job!!! I love the green table/bench!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin