Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holiday Home Tour

Actually, I don't really know why I decorate for Christmas. Nobody comes out to our home, and I don't open it up for any kind of home tour, but I love this house, and I feel it needs to be decorated for the Holidays. So I'll share some of my holiday decorations with you all, knowing that you "get it" and you'll see how I use some of my junky finds for Christmas.


Remember those Pew candle holders. I've inserted them into a pot for some front door warmth. I love old toys, and I have an old sled and wagon on one side of the door, and a a pogo stick, scooter, croquet set, and old skates on the other side.
I keep some of this out all year


Inside, I have Junky wreaths on both sides of the door. The one you see above is my version of Ki's from this months Country Home. It's an old well pulley that's been jazzed up for the holidays. I also hung one of the bells I got at Jodi's sale.
Below the wreath is made from an old carriage wheel. I've added greenery, and ornaments,
an old door plate and knob, and an old key, and it is hung by an old horse bridle. Also adapted from one of Ki's and Joy's projects from the past. I have several wheel wreaths available in my store.



A wire ornament tree filled with vintage ornaments. My hutch is behind it. I change my hutch a lot, depending on the season.

A simple gold frame with a single vintage ornament hanging from it. Behind that a collection of old wooden golden frames and of course, Clocks.

See the "snowflake" architectural piece hanging there in the window. I just love this piece. It's one of those pieces I will probably never part with, and it's perfect for the holidays.

Well that is part 1 of my home tour. I don't have my tree up yet, and there is still a lot to do, but I've had fun putting these few projects together.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for showing us around your beautiful home, i do 'get it'
I love using junk finds around the
home and a lot of people here in the U.K. dont 'get it'
Wynter.

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Margo,everything looks great. I love your home,it is very beautiful.I really like the old toys on the porch. Can't wait to see more!

Blesings,Shelley

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Margo:
Your home looks lovely - and I totally get the importance of decorating...even if just for you and the home!!
Kari

pedalpower said...

Beautiful! Of course you should decorate even if you and your family are the only ones who see it.

Cynthia Holt Ziemian said...

Margo, I love all of your great holiday decorating! You're such a clever gal!!!
cynthia

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

It's looking good. I want to take a hop on that red pogo stick--I love it! I also am coveting that wire tree.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Wow you have done a lot already!!! I haven't done much except put a runner on my entry table and my snowman and snowwoman on there. Hopefully get to it next week. No one comes to our house either. We live off the main road so we don't even get any lookie loos...(-;

Vickie said...

Hi, Margo - hope ya'll had a good Thanksgiving!

Hey, I bought a milk box full of vintage ornaments for $3 several weeks ago. They're all gold or a pale turquoise color. Where'd you get your ornament tree? I need to find me a little tree to put these ornaments on, either a white one or something like what you've got.

I'm just about to get started decorating. I've done nothing yet. I'm still cleaning up from last week, and Adam is staying a few more days. We did get our tree, but haven't gotten it decorated yet. Hope we can meet for lunch soon! Take care - Vickie

Michelle Palmer said...

LOVED the tour!
So welcoming and cozy...always love how you bring old things to life!
Beautiful...
Thank you for sharing~
:)
Michelle

Tina said...

I love everything and really dig those clock plates! I think it's kinda funny that what I did with junk years ago out of necessity and fun is now so popular. I need to get back into it. You've inspired me.
T

TinaTx said...

The house is looking great! Want me to come see you so that you can say someone has seen your decorations in person? :)

Jill said...

We decorate just for ourselves too! Thanks for the tour, really great ideas.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin