Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday Estate Sales


The Local Estate Sales are starting to pick back up after a new year's slump. I hit 2 today, nothing much at the second one, but the first one was great.

I picked a box of what appears to be parts to a broken chandalier.
When I got it home and started cleaning the crystals, I was surprised at all the different shapes, and I love those glass arms too.


The box was just full of sparkly treasures

I also picked up some old trim that had been mounted to wooden boards. I wasn't happy with the way they were painted. So I've started the re-painting process.
I moved it all indoors, because it's so cold outside.

Tomorrow I'll be adding some stain to age them and then using them to decorate my new booth

I also picked up this great enamel sign and the old faucet knobs at a local flea market


I need your help
I saw these decorated bottles at Judy Hill's sale in November. I would love to find out where to get these clear glass bottle ornaments, but I can't find them. I find plenty of the clear glass balls, but I don't want those, I want these. Do you know where I can find some?


Tomorrow I'm driving to Dallas for some personal business, but of course I'm adding on a few stops as well. I'll be visiting a couple of junkin buddies, and hopefully have some fun finds to share with you when I get back.

9 comments:

A Lovely Thing said...

I found square clear glass ornaments at Hobby Lobby and onion shaped clear glass ornaments at Michaels. Both were Christmas seasonal stuff, so not sure if they're in stock now.

misselaineous said...

Love your Thursday finds, Margo. Wish we had Thursday estate sales here in Florida...make that day alot more fun! So...watcha gonna do with all those blingy chandy parts? and the faucet handles? paintin' in the kitchen huh?...Texas has been way too cold this year! Have a great weekend...*elaine*

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Margo ~
Yep, HL had them for Christmas ~ they are so fun ~
xoxo,
Lori

Unknown said...

OMG, that chandelier! You found great stuff, but that chandy has to be my favorite!

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

HObby Lobby for those square bottle/ornaments..Love your new goodies, see them on top of bottles..lol.

Vickie said...

Hi Margo - you got some great junk there - especially the crystals. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

Anonymous said...

Michaels in Waco had a BUNCH of the square glass ornaments in their clearance a week or so ago....HTH
Jaybird

Danielle said...

There is a store called STATS in Pasadena, California that sells Christmas stuff all year round. They have all sorts of eclectic things. They will most likely have a website or you could call information and talk to them directly!

Happy Hunting!

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Wow, those crystals are great--what a find!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin