Thursday, November 5, 2009

Wonderful Find-Vintage Trinket Boxes- Lots of em



So I'm at this garage sale today. I'm not finding much, but I linger, to carefully search all the shelves and tables. Just as I was about to give up finding anything interesting I spy a box under a table. As I'm inspecting the contents, I hear the magic words. "If you take them all I'll, I'll sell them for $??." Let's just say it was a good deal, and it didn't take me long to accept. I'm learning to love buying in quantity. I really wasn't able to check out my treasure till I got home and I am not disappointed.

I've separated them into groups, I'll call this group (above) the color group

This will be the Victorian group

Below we have our enamel group. I don't know if this is real enamel, but I'm gonna call it the enamel group anyway. ;)

Most of the boxes are simply marked "Japan". I'm told this dates them to the mid 50's or earlier.

This is the Rose group

I don't think there are any solid silver ones, just silver and gold tone. And one copper tone seen below.

Above the heart group, and below the misc group.
Included is also an old powder box.

Wow thats 40 !!!!

I'm going to be pricing them between $14.99 to $3.00 each
Feel free to inquire, I'll be pricing and taking them to my booths soon.
Just email me by click the email link under the pic of me sleeping on the side bar.

11 comments:

The Green Pea said...

Those boxes are wonderful. Just in time for Christmas. sandi

Sammy Girl said...

Just one word .... WOW! Awesome find and good job.
Have a super weekend!
Betty :)

trash talk said...

Yowza! Talk about an impact grouping!!! I love piles...these kind of piles...not the other type! You could do something really cool with these for Christmas since you think so well outside the box...jewel box that is.
You are more than welcome to take whatever you need from my W&T's post....just promise me you won't mistake me for a pumpkin on a dark night!
Debbie

Unknown said...

Oh boy, what a wonderful find..I sure do like it when I can get a boxful of goodies cheap enuf....so I can wait till I get home to look at it all...Like getting new magazines...awesome..
I bet you were hoping no-one would come after you saying...Oh that was a mistake, these aren't for sale...that actually happened to me one time...nothing that sweet, but still.. I say if it's not 4 sale, take it in the house..
happy day...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Instant collection! You did very well!
~Jan

Andi's English Attic said...

Do you hear my gasps from here? It as though you discovered a pirate's hoard. That is such an exciting find and I bet you couldn't wait to get home to sort through them. Lucky, lucky you. xx

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

whatever you paid ... it was a bargain. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

What a great collection! Looks fun.

Anonymous said...

Awesome finds! Is the powder box the glass one in the last post?--it's beautiful.

Cynthia K. said...

Well, I'm in shock over this super sensational bargain you ran across. What a thrill it must have been for you! I'm just sighing with envy...

I just signed up as a follower because I don't want to miss a thing...

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

Anonymous said...

i love it!大月映莊園,定風波,佳佳民宿,沙古拉民宿,太魯閣,花蓮,桂林民宿,無名小築,和風民宿,桔園,曼特寧,泰德民宿,幸福,農園,河堤雅舍,海之戀,山緹庭園民宿,方翊民宿,休閒民宿,民宿,景觀民宿,民宿,渡假民宿,有間客棧,花弄房,山郡民宿,四季,樂以居,法洛米,雅爾富之家,吉昌之家,花園民宿,外出小窩,休閒民宿,民宿,拾穗田園,羊兒煙囪,庭園民宿,峇里戀人,田園民宿,真善美民宿,曉雨浪漫館,立群花園民宿,田園民宿,湘緣小築,渡假套房,仁光民宿,梅蘭民宿,福居民宿,洄瀾灣,水庭,漁夫民宿,渡假花園,花園民宿,山之谷民宿,羽庭居民宿,峇里情人,水月花都,香格里拉,休閒民宿,麻吉的家,晴光,貓頭鷹,松木居民宿,庭園民宿,築園民宿,居亭民宿,雅馨民宿,站前9號,春夏秋冬

Blog Widget by LinkWithin