Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Remodel Stories Continued-Master Bath


One of the problems with this house was how it was laid out. There was no real master suite. So we decided to turn the biggest room upstairs into the master bedroom and make the adjoining room a master bathroom. There was already a small closet sized bathroom there, but we set out to enlarge it, add a decent sized tub and shower and all the amenities.

When I say the existing bathroom was small I'm not exaggerating.

Can you believe there is actually a toilet in this room, as well as a small shower. It was like a camper sized bathroom.

Above I'm standing in the adjacent room, I can't really call it a bedroom as it had no closet. Like I said, the layout was strange.

Demolition, Opening it up.


We tore walls down and built new ones.




scraped floors, re-routed electrical and plumbing (we hired a plumber)

Can you believe I lived with this next to my bedroom for months.
It was worth it, as you'll see tomorrow.

6 comments:

Passionate for White said...

Ohhhh such a tease....I have to wait until tomorrow!?!?! :)

Vee said...

You really are a tease! I have a bathroom about that tiny now. My fond hope is to live with a mess for a while in order to have a larger one. I'll be back tomorrow...

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

....hahahahaha....Margo I AGREE....Shame on you for teasing us.... :o) !!

MAN....That has to be the SMALLEST bathroom I've EVER seen....Who would design a space like that you have to wonder....OBVIOUSLY not a woman....!!

Can't wait for the reveal....!!

Cheers from Oz,
Tamarah :o)

Unknown said...

Can't wait! Blessings, Marta.

Elle Jay Bee said...

Hi Margo,
I love a great remodeling before and after so I am looking forward to your photos! Your kitchen turned out beautifully. You really have made your house into a lovely home. :)

Hope you are enjoying your summer!
Cheers,
Linda

Pieced Pastimes said...

Tiny bathrooms are a challenge. Looking forward to your reveal.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin