Sunday, February 20, 2011

It Takes a Village

I just wanted to take a minute to give a shout out to a few of my friends who have also been involved in the latest issue of Flea Market Style

First are Valarie and Michelle of the Red Shed
As you may or may not know they conduct Paris Flea Market Tours and were able to contribute tips, and photo's for an article on page 11. Nice to see you there too Gigi.




My friend Cammie Metheny of Dafadowndilly's is a major junk and project contributor with projects throughout the magazine. She is Ki's junk finder extraordinaire.

Jill of Forever* Cottage played a huge behind-the-scenes roll, and had parts to play with several of the articles. It was a pleasure to meet Jill at the Junk Bonanza in September.


Karla Cunningham, who also happens to be Ki's sister is responsible for lots of the sewing projects, especially in the article on page 44.



And my new friend Ann Perry who has a big part to play starting on page 50. She's blogged about it and you can read all about it on her blog.






Theresa Cano is getting some print recognition for her wonderful blog, see her on page 2.


Sara Smith of Seasons in Carver has a great project featured on page 13.
Jane Hall of Mustard Moon was also involved with several projects, and finding the junk

Amy of Whisperwood Cottage is quoted on page 3.

In addition to the"team" these folks are also part of the team And they are also my friends, and I'm happy to know them.





8 comments:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

It's amazing how many great bloggers were featured or involved in creating this issue! I love it! Is it too early to say that I'm looking forward to the next edition already? :)

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Thanks Margo, so glad our paths crossed so many years ago! Who would have thought it would have turned into this. So happy to see such a great issue that was a labor of love I'm sure!

Karla said...

Margo you are so kind, Thank you for the mention, but you forget to mention what a big part you played in all this!! So..... Thank you for the part you played in making Flea Market Style such a great magazine. You are an amazing woman who wears many hats.

Sueann said...

Congrats!!! And I am enjoying meeting your friends as well. I now have new blogs to follow so thanks for that too!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Stephanie said...

LOVE that some of my favorites got menton in the magazine! Still checking everyday but haven't been able to purchase the magazine yet - can't wait!

Cammie said...

Thanks for the mention Margo! And as Karla says you are a big part of the Flea Market Style mag too! Give yourself a pat on the back!~

The Tin Rabbit said...

Thank you Margo! I'm so glad I got to meet you~it was all so much fun...can't wait to visit again soon~ I still have your clippers safe and sound..hopefully, I'll make it up that way soon! Thank you again for all you did! God Bless~ Love&Hugs, Ann

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Yayyyyyy Margo ME TOO....It was a BIG THRILL for me to read FMS & feel like I REALLY know these WONDERFUL people....Because I actually DO....!

I LOVE that blogging has afforded me the opportunity to meet some pretty SPECIAL & talented folk....!!

YAYYYYYY FMS, YAYYYYYY blogging & YAYYYYY to you Margo....Wearer INDEED of MANY hats....!

Cheers from Oz,
Tamarah xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin