Stay Connected With More Frequent Posts On:


Instagram

Find the cool junk you are looking for in my Shop.
Click any picture to start shopping

Monday, June 27, 2011

Oh the Shame, Oh the sadness


During our recent Hot Rod Road Trip, Mr R and I stopped at a few antique stores along the way. Mr R spotted this beautiful retro very large disk vase and encouraged me to get it for my Etsy store. I thought it was metal and enamel and so did he. It's a beautiful shade of red, with a great art deco design. It even has a drain plug on the bottom.

We loaded it, and a nice retro drinking glass in the back of the hot rod trunk, and headed down the road. Continued our weekend Hot Rod get away, re-shifting items in the trunk now and again for safety.


And then... when I went to unload.... I discovered this tragedy...



Oh the shame of it!!!! Not to mention the retro drinking glass


Again I reminded myself that I do not buy and sell pottery or glass and this is why.

No use crying over spilled milk, but I sure want to Boo Hoo!!!





I just wanted to give you a heads up that I'll be opening my store for FMS Fall issue pre-orders in Mid July. If you want them even before most of the stores get them, you can order directly from me.

Watch for details.




2 comments:

Gracie's Cottage said...

Oh rats Margo...sorry that happened, but I'll bet that you'll repurpose it into something marvy - take that as a challenge! :)

(I also try never to buy anything breakable cause I hate babying it!)

Jan

Mona Kay at Home said...

I'm sorry!! One of my first posts of my blog ever, was all the things I've broken...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin