Stay Connected With More Frequent Posts On:


Instagram

Find the cool junk you are looking for in my Shop.
Click any picture to start shopping

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fun Project with old Photo Film Holders


Have you ever seen these before. They are old photo film holders. Each one is a wooden frame and these things slide in and out. When I got these at Last Year's junk bonanza I had an idea in mind, but it's only now that I'm actually getting to it.

I painted one side of the slide thing with chalk board paint to make it a chalk board and on another one I turned it into a photo frame. They have cute little stenciled numbers on them as well, which appeals to the typography buff in me. The wooden frames have a great patina that I just can't capture with my camera.
I played with the idea of selling them, but not any more. This was a fun and very very simple project. I love chalk board paint. I think we might find a use for these in the wedding decor, but I have to run that by the bride first;)

Speaking of Wedding, it's only a few weeks away and the projects are starting to come together. Can't wait to share it all with you.

10 comments:

Wild Oak Designs said...

A wedding?? We did one last year for our youngest daughter...our first wedding...those bulletin boards would have been spectacular....love them!
come for a visit...
wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com
Nancy

Angie said...

Those are fabulous! I don't blame you for deciding to keep them. It's my first time visiting here - lovely blog!

I hope you'll drop by tomorrow for my That's the Ticket blog hop link party. My co-hosts and I have some fabulous prizes lined up!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

Jane said...

I love the film holders. I have 4 of them but they are not the cool wood, they are plastic. I was going to make photo holders out of them too but I never thought about using the chalkboard paint. Thanks for the idea!
Jane

SueAnn said...

What a great idea for the film holders.
Hugs
SueAnn

JustPam said...

What a great eye you have for putting things together. I love them.

This word verification not so much. I am only going to try once to get them right.

Donna said...

They sure are cute! We could have sold you a couple dozen of them a few years ago in a yard sale, LOL. (We had to downsize from our BIG place to a smaller place. There are not enough walls anymore, haha.) My husband is a retired professional photographer and he actually used them WAY back in the day of large format film cameras.

Red Shed Cottage Chic Antiques said...

Love those! I especially love the numbers!
Val

artteachergirl said...

Have a big stash of these. I look at them and roll ideas around but have not done anything with them...yet! This is a cute idea! I probably won't sell mine either...only paid a few bucks for them. Thanks for planting the creative seed. Best Wishes on the wedding, hope all goes well. Best, Vicki

Marianne said...

They remind me of iPad sleeves. I have never seen those before.
Bye,
Marianne.

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Margo these look FABULOUS....I especially like your Family portrait....WONDERFUL....!!

Hope you've had a BRILLIANT weekend....!!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin