Monday, September 29, 2014

Back from the Bonanza with the goods and the failure of my Do Not buy list

Well I'm back from 3 fun filled days at the Junk Bonanza in Shakopee Minnesota and I had a great time. If you follow me on facebook, you've already seen photos if not, you'll have to wait.  Today I'm going to show what I brought back.

Above is everything I brought home, including the blanket. How did I get that all home you ask? Like this.
 With very creative packing

Now I'd like to talk about my "do not buy" list.  It's a mental list of items that I should not get when on the road, for several reasons. It's not that I don't like these items, that's just the problem, I love them. I love them so much, I've either accumulated too many and am trying to thin my collection or I am overstocked in my etsy shop.  Whatever the reason, I have told myself to stop buying them.  

The DNB items include, wool blankets, scales, clocks, trays, purses, industrial metal boxes among other things.    As you can see by the photo below, I fell off the wagon a few times. 
How could I resist a 3" postage scale and this adorable flawless beaded bag. And I do not have an industrial bin in RED and I have a project in mind for those trays. I mean really, how could I pass these up?
Some items going on my future DNB list. Perpetual calendars, Office index boxes, and stamp holders. The latter two just take up too much room in the luggage and I just love perpetual calendars a bit too much:)  I've never seen one like this.
Be sure to click photos for a better look and watch the blog and facebook for more photos from this wonderful fabulous and bigger than ever Junk Bonanza.




4 comments:

Karla said...

Great finds Margo! Amazed that all that fit into two normal size suitcases! Maybe a class in suitcase packing is in order for us nonpackers... Great seeing you at the JB and Thanks again for everything! Karla

Unknown said...

How did the xylophones come home?

Sue (Vintage Rescue) said...

Scales are also on my DNB list! Well, table scales are verboten; hanging scales are another story….

Unknown said...

Dejevu that blanket! I lived in Mn. 30+ yrs ago and came home with that very one ...grateful clients had given me a roll top desk and used their old "dog blanket" to wrap around it. Never say never to that which you love : - )

Blog Widget by LinkWithin