Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Father used to say

My Father used to say if you can't make up your mind, "Flip a coin and see if you like the toss". Well I guess that is what I did when I asked everyone to vote on how I should paint this item.

It kept reminding me of an ice box, and I thought if I painted it cream, it would look more like an ice box than a side table. So I know the voting was mostly for Cream, but I guess I just wanted green. So that is what I did, I painted it green. Please don't disown me. Here is the final result.
To make the applique stand out, I painted it white first, and then distressed the green to show some of the white through. To finish it off I added a glass knob and a key plate.


I did paint the inside Cream though.


So thanks for voting, the decision to go against the vote was a hard one, but it did help me make up my mind, which was the point I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I was having a hard time picturing it green (probably because it already had a darker green on it) but it turned out terrific! Looks ten times better! (And I love the cream inside!) The glass knob and key hole just add a little "somethin', somethin'" to it, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, I feel like I won the lottery! (I was a green voter, and I love it!!!) What a perfect transformation! Thanks for showing the outcome, I have been waiting for that one :)

Unknown said...

I just love what you do with things! You inspire me to try! Thanks for sharing!

Rosemary said...

Margo,
I love it green. It looks really good.
Cream on the inside is a good idea. It makes it brighter.
Have a great day!
Rosemary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin