Thursday, December 13, 2007

My Day

Tina and I met for lunch at a nearby town, and went to one of our favorite stores, Pandora's Box. We both picked up lots of goodies and I found this great carriage wheel. It reminded me of a project Joy had done a few weeks ago, and the price was right, so I just had to have it. I brought it home and scrounged through my Christmas stuff and came up with something kinda like what Joy had done. I'm such a copy cat. Thanks Joy for the great idea.


My DH dreamed up this project a few months ago, I think he literally dreamed about it, then he had to write it down, and of course build it. Each one of these shelves is the same shape, they are mounted on a grid in any configuration you can think of. doesn't it look great, contemporary I know, but it's in his space so I don't care. I think it is a great idea.

Oh, and I painted them.

as for that project I mentioned in the last post, I'm waiting for glue to dry so no pics yet.

8 comments:

TinaTx said...

Your carriage wheel turned out great! Can't believe you have it finished and posted already! LOL
I had a great time. Can't wait until the next one.

Vickie said...

I like the carriage wheel idea, Margo. Lucky you finding one!

It's been awhile since I've been to Pandora's box. I need to visit them again! Sounds like ya'll had fun! Vickie

Unknown said...

That wheel-wreath is a great idea! Inspired me to add Joy's blog to my "Gotta Read" list! LOL!

Rosemary said...

Love the wheel wreath!
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Hey, it looks great! I love the shelving idea too...very cool....

Alice Regan said...

Love the carriage wheel, what a unique idea and beautiful too!

Simply Me Art said...

The Carriage Wheel is Beautiful and tell DH he had a wonderful dream. You did a Great paint job too...

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

What a pretty and unusual way to greet guests! I love to visit Pandora's Box - it's been awhile though....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin