Thursday, November 19, 2009

Robo Junker Tree Project Part 1




This is my first year to actually have a booth space during the Christmas season. Because of this, I've been living Christmas for the last month.

As I was helping Jodi get ready for the Gresham Sale (which starts Thursday evening with a preview at 4:00) I was inspired by this project she did with old picture frames, seen above.
I headed out to my barn to get a frame to make one, and then I saw this tree shaped topiary that I recently purchased. The creative wheels began to turn. Jodi's project morphed into a Robo Project. I'll be sharing this project in parts and separate posts. So check back daily for the complete project.

Step 1

As I said I started with this spiral tree shaped topiary form. It's about 16" tall when sat on top of an old clay pot. First I began by tying vintage balls on it, spaced evenly. I used jute rope as the ties for this part.
Stay tuned for more, I'm far from finished.

3 comments:

Tristan! said...

I'm excited to see the final project! I love Christmas crafts and I'm gearing up to decorate my newly purchased home, so I'm always up for new inspiration!

Mindy said...

I like it! ~Mindy

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I'm lovin your blog ...so I'm going to follow! Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. I will be waiting to see what you do with this form...have FUN with your space.

Blessings,
Linda

Blog Widget by LinkWithin