Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tis The Season-Christmas Projects from the Workroom




The Month of November is gonna be a busy one for me.
There is a sale at Our Little Corner on the 14th,
The Gresham Christmas Sale on the 19-21 and then
Winnie & Tulula's Christmas Open House 27-28.
And I'm busy with last minute projects getting ready for all the shows.

This week I'm working in the "creative space" turning out these fun ornaments.

These are clear ornaments that I fill with fun bits and pieces.
I also embellish the outside as well. Then I decorate the metal collar and add a string or ribbon hanger. It's actually pretty involved, when you are doing more than 30 at a time.

They are not the usual round ball shape. They are more like disk shaped

I use mostly old and vintage items. ribbon, lace, keys, shredded paper and sheet music etc.

It's fun deciding what to put in and on each one





I also have the cubed shaped ones


These round disks are a bit larger than the first ones

This is a fun project, and would be fun with kids too
These run $6 for small ones, and $9 for the larger ones.
And they are available for mail order sales, Email me if you are interested.
Email link is under the pic of me sleeping, at the top of my side bar.
They will all be available at the sales mentioned above.
So you if are local, be sure to come out to one or more of these events, for lots of Christmas fun.

Now I've got to go get all this glue off my fingers :)

19 comments:

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

The glass ornaments you made are absolutely fantastic - I think they are so, so clever and wonderful! Love them!

Little Penpen said...

these are gorgeous... what a fantastic idea!

Unknown said...

Margo,
Those are really, really darling.
Valarie

Jill said...

I was just thinking yesterday that I should get out my glass balls and embellish them and then I find your post--great inspiration! I had bought a bunch of "blank" balls years ago to paint the inside, but my painting desire left a few years later and I never did anything with the balls. We'll see if I get some done!

Six in One Hand said...

Sooo pretty!!!!!

Too bad I won't be at the show.

I would love to buy a few though...

Anonymous said...

Oh Margo,
These are very nice!
~Jan

Tia said...

Those are fabulous :) Great way to use up just the little bits and baubles of stuff left from other projects :)

Marge of Emmas Nook and Granny said...

Another fabulous idea with beautiful results. Great inspiration, too!!

Linda's Blue Gate said...

Oh Margo I love this idea...... they look GREAT!!
HUgs
Linda

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love your idea...and what a great way to recycle!!
Thanks for sharing it.
Deb :)

Vickie said...

Margo - those are CUTE. You're so clever. That's lotsa little bitty creating there!

Andi's English Attic said...

They're so beautiful. Never seen anything like them over here. I can understand why it would be fun deciding what to put in them. xx

jodi said...

love them..they are goint to sell!!!

Debra Howard said...

What a great nostalgic idea. Yours are absolutely great. Love them. Hope your shows do great. Blessings to you!
Debbie

trash talk said...

Love the cubed ones...they look like perfume bottles!
Debbie

The Green Pea said...

Your glass ornaments are gorgeous. What a great idea. sandi

vintagesue said...

those are stinking cute. love them. you are the goddess of filled glass ornaments!!! gorgeous.
thanks for sharing.
sue

Unknown said...

I love this project - very cool!!!

Anonymous said...

COOOOOOOL!春夏秋冬,民宿,
樂活花欣,秦老爹民宿,福紀行,極品美宿,極品,風格民宿,風格民宿,休閒套房,人文旅舍,包棟民宿,花園民宿,尚芳民宿,松格民宿,水晶閣民宿,吉吉小鎮,綠野森林,盛夏的軌跡,花蓮民宿,大興民宿,仙洞人民宿,忘憂園,奇巧民宿,益順休閒農莊,阿寶民宿,溫泉山莊,金萱花民宿,加賀屋,信義民宿,清悠嶺,綠海天際,衣牛農舍,加家民宿,鏷石民宿,花園別墅,花園民宿,漱石山居,樟之園,客之屋民宿,小棧民宿,東岡秀川,知音民宿,柚子林民宿,弘果民宿,夢之鄉民宿,信號,溫泉山莊,清風茶園,出租,景觀民宿,椰子林溫泉,微風星情,鯉魚潭,整棟出租,傅家農園,金典民宿,元氣屋,綠舍,渡假花園,東華,嘉年華,村野之家,11號海洋,山海戀,海景民宿,豐廬居,魚爸的家,海景民宿,經典海岸

Blog Widget by LinkWithin