Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Last Week's Finds and a busy September to come

Last Week I played hookie from work and headed out to First Monday Flea Market. The weather was nice for Texas in August thanks to the hurricane. We are inland far enough that we just get some wind and occasionally some rain, when the hurricanes hit the coast.

There was no shortage of vendors or junk this month. I knew I had to go now because at the end of Sept, I'm having Surgery (nothing major) but I'll be unable to do this kind of junking for at least 6 weeks.

This was my favorite find. Always a sucker for some good rusty junk. This dealer wanted to get rid of these, and so I snagged them all.

Some of my smalls

And what a fabulous mirror and frame. The mirror broke just after this photo was taken, Expletives were uttered, But oh well. I'll paint the frame and sell it without the fabulous mirror. Someday I'll learn to be more careful.

The Bonanza is next week, I can hardly believe it's already here, September has sneaked up on me.

Next week is the Junk Bonanza, then Round Top/Warrenton and then the Medical stuff (yuck)
A true junker schedules her medical stuff around the junk shows ;)


Save on gas, time, and frustration by ordering the current issue of Flea Market Style directly to your mail box.



Now Available for immediate shipment (Fall/Winter 2012) Flea Market Style Magazine.
Go Here for ordering information




3 comments:

Swanky Salvage Decor said...

I also went to Canton this past weekend. I went on Saturday and it was HOT!!! You found some great items. I didn't find much because my friend brought her three year old and it was distracting trying to keep an eye on a very active little one and look too. I did find some vintage hankies and some rusted metal items for my booth. I went to The Dish Barn and bought ten Fiesta dinner plates for $45.00. I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to the Antique Alley (Hwy 4) Sale on the 21st! ~Tammy

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Indeed Margo....We can't let these things get in the way of some good junk....!!

I so WISH I was meeting up with you at Junk Bonanza but at least we'll have RT....Now I REALLY can't wait for that....Junk hard all day & then rest up on clouds....**wink**....!!!!!

Looks like you snagged some AWESOME stuff at Canton....I'd LOVE to be able to tie in a trip to include hat place one day....BUGGER about the mirror....!!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)

Jill said...

I hope you have a great time at the Bonanza and that your surgery and recuperation goes smoothly!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin