Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year, New Books, New Project



New Year, New Books

My new DIL commented before Christmas, that" this year must be the year for Books". 
 Seems like the whole family had books on their wish list.

It may seem funny, but back in the day of little kids. My DH and I would love to have a date night and go to the books store. I've never been a big reader, but I love, I absolutely love decorating books and magazinesAnd we would linger there, no kids tugging at our legs, and just browse the books. He in the technical section and me in the decorating section.

DIL was right, and as you can see from the photo above. 
I was not the only one to receive books for Christmas.

Here are a couple that I received, that I think you would enjoy as well. Lots of great pictures and re-purposes between these pages.



I've already been inspired by these books to make this...

The Base is 2 old faucet handles, and the photo holder is an old music marching band clip.  I used my favorite, " Goop Glue" to hold it all together.

Happy New Year!!!!!

6 comments:

Country Gal said...

Hope you and your family have a Happy new Year !

Simply Shelley said...

Happy new year Margo ....praying it will bring you and yours many blessings.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

happy new year, Margo...junking and creating and reading your new books!
Pat

LuAnn said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. There isn't anything better than sitting back with a good book--be it decorating, gardening, thriller etc.

LuAnn

Anonymous said...

oh yes, I have that Found Style book, bought it a few years ago and have always loved it!!
alicia

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

What a cute project--I love books like these, need more!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin