Friday, June 8, 2007

Friday Finds

Well today was a good day in the Tag Sale World. I went to the sale at our local volunteer fire department. I was able to pick up an old man's hat in hat box, a couple of baby shoes, and a nice prim wall shelf. Later at a different sale I found these great Iron Cherub wreath things. I got 4 of them, just to make you cottage decorators a little jealous. Imagine them painted a nice white or pink or robin egg blue.



Later in the day I went back to the Fire Station sale and found some things i'd missed before.
I got 2 wooden, chippy window screens, one chippy green, and one chippy white, and then I saw them. These great chippy doors, well one was great the other was just so-so. But they both had glass knobs attached. I also got a very large jesso frame. Here is a pic of one of the doors. See the glass knob, the great Aqua chippy paint, and then there are the hinges. I think I may just have to keep this one for myself.



This was the good part of a not so good day.

4 comments:

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

I love the aqua cabinet with the glass knob - that's a keeper! It always tickles me when I go back to a sale and find stuff that I missed!

LaurieAnna

Rosemary said...

I love the cabinet door. The cherubs are so cute.
You find the best stuff. You win!!
Rosemary

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

What wonderful finds; don't you just love the hunt?

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I love the cabinet door--it would be so cute on a little cupboard.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin