Monday, September 3, 2007

From Inspiration to Finished product

Here is a picture that recently inspired me:

I just loved this candlestick. I loved the shape color and height and I thought I could make it with bits and pieces that I have out in the barn.
So here is my finished product:

How'd I do???? It's really a combination of pieces. The base is a disk from the craft store, that I already had. Then part of an old table leg, then where it changes to green about 3/4 of the way up I used about 3 separate pieces from candle sticks and spindles in my stock. Then the top was part of a candlestick I had purchased at a GS awhile back. First I glued them all together with Liquid Nails, and then after it had set up, I added nails. Then I just began to paint, and finished it off with a wash of Red Oak Stain. I'm pretty pleased.

Sorting Junk:
Now for day one of my junk sorting. I went up to the junk shop and started on the "pile" here is what it looked like when I got there.


I spent 3 hrs, threw away a lot of papers and stuff that is "trash", and sorted a lot of stuff into stacks. My problem is I have no where to put the sorted stuff. So I'm going to try and fix that problem tomorrow.
Here is what it looked like when I was done
,
Doesn't look like much of a difference, but it really is. I would have done better if this guy hadn't decided to "help" me. He was messing up my system. Anyway, I have a different plan of attack for tomorrow. More updates as I go.
do you see that awful black lamp with all the arms hanging out. I have a feeling it's going to die a horrible death. Or at least find a new home. :) I did find a few things, and met a fellow junker and had good conversation with her. It was a good day.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Margo,
Glad you had such fun sorting the junk.
I love, love your new candle holder.
It looks just like the picture. You did a great job. I love the colors.
Good luck sorting more tomorrow.
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

That candlestick is AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

I found a truely awful lamp, but my oldest daughter loved it. Took it apart, everything got steel wooled and a gloss black spray finish. Added new globes and it is the hit of the dorm! She said "everyone deserves a funky lamp!" So is there a teenager you can deed it to?

The candlestick is the bomb!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin