Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday Wonders

I love Fall and pumpkins but they are so expensive. even at 1/2 off at Michaels, the fake ones are still too much, when you consider that you need more than one. So I bought the paper ones. You know they are brown like cardboard and look kinda like paper mache'. I got 2 for 1.99 ea. I spray-painted them orange, I'm talking "caution sign Orange" because that is what I had. And then to tone it all down I rubbed them with dark stain. Then I wiped off and let the stain settle into the crevaces. And here is the result.

The 2 big ones are the ones I made. Not too shabby.....

I've discovered a new craft...Decopage. Thanks to Jamie's instruction, I've taken on a project that involves Decopage and I'm loving it. It's so easy, the results are quick, and Now I'm wondering what all I can do this with. Oh no a new hobby ;)

I'll have to show you the project later, as it's not done yet.

Later,
Margo







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pumpkins are the cutest I have seen .... they look like the shape of Cinderella's pumpkins.... cute ....
Thanks for the "You make me Smile award" I never have had an award before.. ah shucks...

TinaTx said...

Your pumpkins look great! Can't wait to see what you have 'cookin' now!

Unknown said...

Thanks for giving me that link! I have lots of projects calling their names! ;-)

Rosemary said...

Margo,
Those look great! You did a wonderful job as usual.
We have a ton of the faux pumpkins for the wedding. We bought them last year right after Halloween at 50% off.
Have a great day,
Rosemary

Vee said...

They sure do look fantastic. Do you not have a farmer's market where you can find pumpkins cheap? I don't spend more than a couple of dollars each. Still not as inexpensive as yours, though.

Can't wait to see your new project. I'm working on a decoupage craft today myself.

Sondra said...

Oh, yes, I loooovve decoupage and partake in it often! I'm probably an addict and just not admitting it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin