Monday, December 10, 2007

Look what I found today

As you regular readers know I'm doing a clock theme in my hutch this year. Well, today I found this cute little note pad.


Isn't it just perfect. guess it doesn't take much to make me happy.

And Yes I got the tree up, made the family help.

Now don't expect too much from my tree. Many of my ornaments are getting old and tired. I did do something new this year with the skirt. I found this really ratty old quilt this past summer and got it for practically nothing to use as a tree skirt. It's a real cutter, but great red and white colors.


Here's our stockings, We have no mantle so I use this plate rack to hang the stockings on.

These are my smaller trees, with my smaller blown glass ornaments on them. I like these trees because they are just" plug in and go".

That is it for now. Now I just need to get the Cards mailed, Outside Decorations done, presents bought and wrapped, not to mention the meal. tis' the season for long lists of stuff to do. I'm such a scrooge.

6 comments:

TinaTx said...

I love your ratty old quilt around the tree! Your smaller trees look great too.

Vickie said...

Great idea with the quilt, Margo. I may copy your idea. I have some old cutter quilts. I'll have to see if one of them will work for my tree - it will have to have more yellow and gold in it! I bet your boys had fun even tho its like pulling teeth to get the grown "fam" into the decorating thing! Same thing at my house - take care - Vickie

pedalpower said...

It all looks so pretty! Love your "new" tree skirt!

Vee said...

Very nice, Margo! That is a great idea about an old quilt...tree skirt...why didn't I think of that? I do like the look of fabric draped about the bottom of the tree rather than a ready-made tree skirt. Hope you made those guys some cookies and hot chocolate. They deserve it!

Alice Regan said...

Everything looks so beautiful. I love the idea of using the quilt. Thanks for giving us a peak of your holiday home.

Rosemary said...

Love it Margo!!
The tree skirt is great.
The little note pad is adorable.
Perfect for your theme.
Rosemary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin