Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Toile, Transferware, Damask...



Whatever you call it I love it. I seem to be collecting quite a bit of it
I found these spheres recently and just had to have them, and then I found the pot and it goes great with them.

My Transferwar wreath

And these above my kitchen window

Now on to the black

See that sphere, it's got a great design, black on black
And this great bag I picked up earlier in the summer.

I added some bling to it.

In the post below I asked for help finding some planter pots with a great Damask design on them. Well I decided to just make some.

And you can see the platter that TamiV found for me there too.
More pots I made


I made the one on the left, I bought the one on the right a few months back.
This is a real easy project, and will be my easy project of the week this week. check my web site later for full instructions.
I found these pretty papers

and used some to dress up this candle

Whew!! That was fun. Hard to stop at just one though.


I received this touching email this week from a reader and I just had to share it with you.
"Hello Margo,
I have to tell you this, today i woke in a sad and weepy
way. Feeling lost and depressed so i opened my notebook and googled 'country style houses' in images. Your blog caught my eye and i clicked on it. After a few seconds of reading and seeing all of the lovely porches i found myself smiling. I am from Tasmania, Australia and not many of our houses have porches like those gorgeous creations but i yearn for one. Its a strange and deep desire isnt it, the need for a home that warms your heart. I think a home should be your soft place to fall after the trials of the day have kicked you about. You enter, close the door on the world and you are in heaven. That is the feeling i get from your lovely porch. Thank-you for bringing a smile to my day. Kind regards Suzy."
Suzy posted anonymously so I couldn't respond directly to her. I'm glad that I could make you smile when you were feeling so gloomy. That is the ultimate reward for doing this. Thank you for your email, it made my day.

14 comments:

TinaTx said...

Well haven't you been a busy beaver! Love the blinged out bag! I've got a box of scrapbook papers for projects around here too (but I'm feeling the need for some more - I have a couple of projects in mind that I might not have just the right paper!) Everytime I go to get some hubby nearly comes unglued - he says I CAN NOT take up scrapbooking - I already have enough 'project' junk around here! What does he know?

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

wow very pretty(-:

A Lovely Thing said...

Where did you find the toile papers? At a store? I've been looking for a black toile to put behind an old what-not shelf.

Ann said...

I LOVE TWALL!


What a nice e-mail you got. Who would have thought that just by writing a blog you could affect someones day.

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele said...

I absolutely love your bag!!! And the twall...oh my, lovely!

That was such a sweet email...you are definitely an inspiration to all of us.

Hugz,
Michele

Meredith said...

Oh Good Gravy! How did you make that FAB transferware "wreath"...must have one! Instructions coming soon? *hint-hint* :)

Vickie said...

Hey Margo - You've been busy, girl - I love all the red and black toile. I still may get you to do me a red/white transferware something or other. I gotta find my plates first - How nice about you cheering up Suzy - what a nice email from her! Vickie

Simply Me Art said...

Wow, I Love what you Created. Is that tissue paper you used or wrapping paper? Always busy you are. Jamie

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Love the spheres! And your pots look great!

Cynthia Holt Ziemian said...

Wow, girl...I love all of your transferware/toile, etc.! My guest room is done in b/w toile with salmon color walls. I was trying to find something that would go with some of my pink things I had when I was a little girl. I'll have to send u pics! Which brings up a couple of questions. I apparently have lost your email address so wonder if you would send it to me again? I'm not sure on the proper blog etiquette when it comes to linking up with someone else's blog? Do I have to ask permission from the person before I can add their blog to mine? Also, how do you get your typing under each posted picture? All of my pictures stay at the top regardless of where I put the cursor or where I type??? I am out to check out Ki's new blog.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Margo ~
You never cease to amaze me with your awesome creations and you do them so quick !
xoxo,
Lori

Anonymous said...

I love all of your great decorating ideas in this psot Margo!

p.s. Yes, I got your order - thanks! I mailed your package out the next day. :)

Joy

Eve said...

You are so added to my fav blogs. I am coming to see what you have up your sleeve every day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin