Saturday, September 6, 2008

Some Things Are just meant to go together


Sometimes, when I can't decide what to do with something I'll just leave it sitting on my work table for another day. The other day, I looked over at 2 items on my table, and knew they were meant to go together on a project.
This project, is based on one that Joy did last Christmas. I've changed it up a bit, but the basic idea was originally hers.

When I saw this particular, brownish clock face, with this particular brownish bird,
This project was born.

Similar story here, I saw this old phone back board with the bells attached but no phone, and a single old heater element sitting next to it at a garage sale. I knew they were meant to be for each other.

Ma Bell would be proud, I love the shapes of these old heater elements. So artistic for such a utilitarian object.

More fun in the mail box today. I received my shipment of flat black glove forms.

I see lots of projects in these. They'd be great for altered art, decopage, jewelry,
Notes to family etc.



One more thing. I promised to show you what I did with the old baby doll carriages.
Well one of them has been turned into a tea cart.

My Friend Linda says, "everything looks better with prisms" so I added a few.

It could also be a plant table outside.

8 comments:

TinaTx said...

Great projects! And your friend Linda is right - everything looks better with a few prisms!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

are you sure you don't want to come and do a sale here in NC? i'd probably buy everything :)!! hehe

Carol said...

Those are darling projects!
Yeah, I need to "rent" you to come to my house & shop/barn & go thru all my goodies & you can tell me what to make with them! LOL! I have quite of collection of "stuff"!

Carol

Red Shed French Antiques and Travel said...

Love em all, Margo! Love the way your brain works.
Valarie

Cynthia Holt Ziemian said...

Wow! All the projects are very cool! They must have wanted to spend the rest of their junk lives together! lol I have a black glove hand just like yours. Can't wait to see what creative idea you come up with to use yours!!!
cynthia

THE VERANDA said...

Cute projects! Love the one with the heater element on the phone board. Are your packed bags sitting by the door just waiting for the big trip? Can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea ....baby carriage into a tea cart.... very cute
And yes the prism add just the right touch...
Hugs
Linda

Anonymous said...

Don't you love it when items tell you what to do with them? :) Love all these ideas Margo!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin