Stay Connected With More Frequent Posts On:

Instagram

Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Entry for the Pumpkin Decorating Contest


Ok here's my pumpkin. For everyone who does not know about this contest, you have 1 day left. Winner's will receive gift certificates for Ki's great online store. click the button below. Update: you can now enter to win, without creating a pumpkin. Read all about it here.

Here's how she started out.

After bringing out my entire stash of junk to my barn, I laid it all out and began to think. Here's what I came up with.

My gal is getting ready for her big night. Curlers in her hair.

And Her best earrings

This was really fun, and I encourage you to do it. What a fun idea for a party too.

And since I'm showing my fall decorations, Here's what I did with that basket I picked up on the Hwy 80 sale.


don't forget to enter the wonderful bag giveaway that Ki is having, read the post below for all the info.


12 comments:

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

I love her eyes! What a beauty! I picked my pumpkin. And I've created in my head. Now I better get after it, huh? ~Mindy

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage said...

Love the "curlers"!

Amy

David said...

Very creative!

Kim~"HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs" said...

She's a cutie! Best of luck to you.

Anonymous said...

Margo, I faithfully read your blog. You are a very talented lady! I don't have a blog or a digital camera so can't show a picture of my junk pumpkin. It's an easy idea, so you can probably invision it. I made the standard "vomiting pumpkin", added some "junk" (screws, hinges, knobs, springs) to the "vomit" and posted a sign nearby saying "I ate too much junk!". Don't expect to enter the contest, just wanted to share my idea. Donna--djgarden13@hotmail.com

Sand Flat Farm said...

I love the curlers, Margo! They're great! She looks good in the bird bath, too - Vickie

Shelley said...

Cute pumpkin,Margo. Have a safe and happy Halloween..

Blessings,Shelley

Junk Sophisticate said...

That is too cute! The curler idea is hilarious. Good luck!

Candy

csudderth said...

Love your pumpkin. Your curlers are great! I made a junky pumpkin for my daughter-in-law's pumpkin contest at work. She won a day off! It was a copy of Ki & Sue's in Country Home a few years ago. Decided not to reinvent the wheel!
Christy

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Great pumkin but with your creativity we knew it would be cute!!

mary

Sand Flat Farm said...

Hey - Congrats on winning 2nd place on the Great Pumpkin Decorating Contest! I Knew you'd win something - how could you NOT?

terri said...

Congrats to you!! I love your pumpkin gal. She and 'get a grip' could really be hanging out together.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin