Saturday, November 1, 2008

Local sales coming up, Fab Find, and I Won!


I have a friend named Anita. She sells at a couple of different antique malls, and has had a shop in the past.

Anita and her friend Penny are the sweetest ladies. I had always heard that Anita had a "house" on her property that was full of stuff. Well one day I finally saw it, and they weren't kidding. It was full! I told her she needed to have a big sale, and she kinda scoffed it off as too much work. I chimed up and said, "I'll help you", and Penny Said "I'll help", and it went from there. So this past week Penny, Nita, myself and several other gals have been helping get Nita's place all organized for a giant, blow out sale this next weekend.

Christmas Galore and
Lots of nick-nacks

Mannequins are for sale.

Look at this great mirror. I smudged out the reflection so you couldn't see our mess. It's a beautiful piece.

Great prices on all of Nita's stuff, Time to move it out.

Jordan and I had fun setting up this old chicken coup rack, with dangling dishes.


I'll have some of my stuff there and so will Penny. There is stuff in every room of this cute little 5 room cottage, Inside and out, is full to the brim, and prices are rock bottom. So if you live anywhere close to East Texas come on out.

Nita's cottage is off of hwy 64, about 10 miles from the loop out towards Lake Tyler East. Turn left at the first opportunity after you pass over the Lake Tyler Bridge. Go 1 mile, follow signs to the sale. It's worth the drive for sure. Thursday, Fri & Sat 8:00am - ?. I'll have the exact address later, as well as better directions.

Also next weekend
My good friend Syn Moon and 3 other local dealers, are opening a
new Antique store in Tyler
.
Just inside the loop, on Old Bullard road sits this wonderful little cottage.
Inside is a storybook land of treasures and fabulous finds.
Watch for pictures during the week.

And my great find.
Well it really pays off to help a fellow antiquer clean up her house for a sale. I found this great piece on Nita's porch and for a great price, so I scooped it up


I love drawers

It's great for organizing all my bits and bobbs and tools in the top.

perfect for my inside creating space.


I'm so honored that I was picked as 2nd place winner in the Great Pumpkin Decorating Contest. It was a lot of fun, and I encourage you all to get involved next year. Thanks Linda and Ki for this fun diversion. I guess it was her curlers that put her over the top.

14 comments:

Mindy said...

Congrats on winning 2nd place! I love those eyes! And I love your find. That is just awesome. I'm not sure if I'll make the drive next weekend, but I do want to make one of your sales, for the sake of meeting you. I always enjoy your posts and ideas. ~Mindy

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Oh my gosh...I wanna come! What a great place...so many goodies.

Congrats on your win.

Have a great weekend!

Jenny said...

Congrats!! I love you pumpkin!!

Anonymous said...

Margo, I have "tool chest" very similar to yours. It was my Dad's, he used it on his bench at his work. I have mine in my studio full of odd ball "junk". I have always wondered if it really is supposed to be a tool box because of the little mirror in the lid. I thought perhaps it belonged with a fancy steamer trunk and was meant to hold a lady's jewellery. I haven't been able to find out anything about the history of the tool chest, do you know anything about it?

Thanks for posting the pics
Jacquelene L.
Canada

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Oh, you are so sweet to help out your friend. Congrats on 2nd place--I want to find some of those metal perm clips. I can't imagine that the perm solution and the metal gave off a great smell!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

PS--I put the icon thing on my blog post for Ki's sale, but couldn't figure how to get it in my side bar, even though I have gotten other things there.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Ki's give away, not sale--silly me!

terri said...

I need to pack up the car and start heading that direction. Looks like a great sale and you are terrific to help out getting all of it together. If I don't make it there...good luck. Thanks for stopping by my blog, come back and chat a spell.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Guess where I found you? Emma Tree! I live in Tyler too, and she and I met through a blog in Paris, France the other day! Anyway, so glad to find others in the area. I want to try and go to that sale if I can. Will put you on my list and come back to visit. Am having my house remodeled, so don't know where more stuff would go. But love the nostalgic pieces so much you've shown!
Brenda

Vee said...

I just wish that I lived in East Texas...hope that your friend sells out!

Your pumpkin was fantastic...lots of personality and very cleverly created.

Debi said...

Hello Margo!! Congrats dear!!!

I stopped by to let you know that I have sent on the BOOed award. You can stop by my blog to get your award... and pass it on!! :D

Unknown said...

Wow, she's got a lot of neat looking stuff there! I love that antique typewriter. My dad used to have one kind of like that. Too bad I live so far away.

Congrats on the win.

d smith kaich jones said...

Is this new little store where i think it is? Right inside the loop - used to be a different antique/gift store? I can't wait!!

:) Debi

Sami & the Kidd. said...

oh mygoodness, i am going !!!!!see ya there,
Sami.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin