Thursday, December 4, 2008

Whew!!!! I've had a busy day


My day started out as most days do, by going to work. I knew however, that I would be skipping out a bit early to go to a sale in a nearby town. I'll write about that tomorrow, that sale needs a blog entry of it's own. All I can say is... WOW! At this sale I met a fellow blogger and we headed back to my town to a shop called Ethel's (more about that tomorrow as well). Then from Ethel's we hit the Goodwill, where my friend (to be named tomorrow) hit the jackpot. Then back to my house, and by now it's 4:30. I knew I had a class at 6:00 so it was a quick supper and back in the car, and across town (only 20 mins) to my class. The class is my ornament project #2. Four of us met at a local florist shop called "The Flower Girl", to learn how to make these wonderful wreaths.

Creator, Allison, uses vintage ornaments and makes the wonderful, fun wreaths

These 3 belong to the owner, Allison, and are for sale.

We were to bring our own vintage ornaments and Allison, patiently guided us through the process. She's in the orange below.

It was a fun couple of hours, designing, hot gluing, and admiring each other's creations. We all started out with the same basic wreath, Allison provided the ribbon and glue, and some other fun vintage items around her shop, as well as the instruction and moral support. I think we all ended up with some really fun and special wreaths.

Allison's advise "It's not done, till it's over done."

Allison was a real good teacher. And we all had lots of fun, and got into the Christmas Spirit, eating great food, listening to Christmas music, and gluing, gluing, gluing. Thanks Allison for hosting this fun event. And to my fellow wreath creators, Jodi, Starla and Donna, it was fun.

BTW-Locals-Allison is having an open house tomorrow.
Her shop is just off University, just past the DPS office. Look to the left, you'll see a hair salon, and her shop is a little shed-like building next to it. It's a cute little store, and is bigger on the inside than on the outside. Sorry I don't have the exact address. Stop by, look at her goodies, have some food, and tell her I sent you.

13 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Just gorgeous Margo !!
xoxo,
Lori

Vickie said...

I'm SOOOOO jealous! I knew it was going to be great! Wish I could've gone with you - I thought about ya'll having so much fun and me sitting here sneezing and coughing! You'll have to show me your wreath up close & personal! They all look wonderful - vickie

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Looks great and fun too! Do you use glue to secure the ornaments or wire?

Vee said...

Now those are colorful and cheery!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hey Margo, sorry I missed seeing you at Judy's yesterday. So glad you and ??? had a fun day!!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

very fun, I love how your wreath turned out!! :)

THE VERANDA said...

WOW! What a busy day. Love the fantastic wreath you made! Looking forward to seeing pictures from Judy's sale. I'll be anxiously waiting for your next post.....

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Margo,looks like that was a lot of fun...your wreath down out beautiful. Have a blessed weekend.

Blessings, Shelley

Simply Shelley said...

woops......I meant to say turned out..

Mindy said...

Love your wreath! Looks like it was worth your time to attend that class. Good stuff. Good times yesterday, eh? Awaiting today's post! he he he ~Mindy

philben5 said...

How absolutely awesome!!! I have made two wreaths this year with ornaments but not on the greenery wreaths. I just happened to pick some up at our local thrift store so guess what I will be doing tonight? Thanks for all of the great ideas!!
Blessings
Roxanne

Jenny said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love them all!!

Anonymous said...

The Flower Girl....what a neat name for a floral shop. I am crazy about all your wreaths. What fun you all must have had. I think the red and greens ones are my favorites. Have a wonderful weekend. ~ Lynn

Blog Widget by LinkWithin