Friday, December 5, 2008

Judy Hill's house/sale tour and Ball project #3


I've been anxiously waiting to share all of this with you, but it takes a long time to load all those pics. As I said yesterday, My fun day started with a trip to Judy Hill's open house. Now I've never seen anything like this. Judy opens up her house, and just about everything inside (except her bed) is for sale. Can you imagine? I guess she's got a very understanding Husband.
And Judy has a true eye for not only finding unique items, but display as well.


Judy had a spread of food for all her shoppers.
I'm going to let most of these pictures speak for themselves. So many wonderful ideas


Proof that anything can be wall art. There was one of these on each side of that window

More great wall decor, I love this



Whod-o-thunk of hanging a tree on the wall? Then there is that pesky "end of the trunk" to deal with. Well Judy dealt with it quite nicely don't you think.

Old Ice box, no door, open display, love it.

I bought some of these aluminum tree branches

This is Judy


Ok, here's a project for you. She's removed the silvering from the back of this old mirror, to write messages


Here's Ball project #3, courtesy of Judy,
Curtain tie back
.

This is an old fish tank



Love the Nativity in the old heater.

This is my other find, and it came home with me. Feeds my inner desire to be organized. It now resides next to MY computer.

I'm going to do this project. I have the lamp, now I just need some cute stuff for the inside.

Another mirror with the silvering removed over most of it. But she left just enough for a sweet message

This is Mindy, I only knew her from her blog, but when I saw her at the sale we hooked up immediately. After the sale we went antiquing and we both found some great stuff at Ethel's.
And she got some wonderful stuff at the Goodwill. She has blogged about it over on her blog so pop over there for more pictures. Also be sure to check out Teresa's blog for more pictures from Judy's sale.

don't you jsut love that funnel display she's stand next to. Like I said every corner, nook and cranny at Judy's house was full of fabulous finds, wish I could have brought them all home.
Can't wait till her next sale.




14 comments:

Mindy said...

Great pictures! Nice write up. And you were so much fun to play with! Can't wait for our next play date. ~Mindy

Vickie said...

what a neat house and a neat lady! be sure and let me know when she has another sale! I wanna be there- vickie

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Oh my gosh, I want to go to Judy's house...thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures!

Kaye said...

Man-oh-Man! The creativity! The imagination! The eye for design! Totally inspiring! Thanks!!!!!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Margo, you took some really great pics. It's so interesting to see someone else's take on the same things you see!! Just fabulous, thanks for the mention. Have a great Saturday, T

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Thanks for so many great pictures. I love these ball tiebacks--now if I only had some curtains to tie back. Check out my glass ball tomato cage tree at my blog Ü!

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} said...

All I can say is...WOW! Thanks for sharing so many great photos. Oh, by the way, I love my new calendar! I think my goal this next year is to take a photo good enough to be in the calendar next year.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Margo ~ What a wonderful house and awesome ideas ! I want to live by you because you always go to the coolest things ~
xoxo,
Lori

Vee said...

Wonderful ideas!

Lauri Evans said...

OOOOOHHH..thanks for sharing the delicious shots from Ms. Judy Hill. You must know how truly lucky you guys are to be able have so much great vintage stuff to buy! We;re in a desert in Georgia. Keep the eye candy coming!
ox lulu

A Lovely Thing said...

How interesting and fun -- her whole house, huh? My hubby'd get scared I'd put a sale tag on him :)

Debra Howard said...

I just love your ideas. What a neat blog.
Debbie

Ki said...

I am in love with the funnels! I am inspired to go out a pick up a bunch!!!

Peace,
Ki

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks soooo much for taking me along on your trip to Judy's house...I sure had a great time!

Blessings,
Linda

Blog Widget by LinkWithin