Saturday, February 21, 2009

Some recent finds



I've been doing a lot of shopping lately.
And I've had some wonderful finds, big and small. Some I'm keeping for myself. I've had several inquiries on these items, and please note that I am keeping these items, unless stated otherrise.:) So I thought I'd share a few of the smaller items that I'm keeping, with you today.

I'm a sucker for old office supplies. This Kalkometer, is a great old manual calculator. Not sure how it works though. My mother had one in her collection once and showed me how it works. I need to ask her about it. I love the graphics onit.

I also love old textile antiques. These are 2 great old spools of "elastic web". They are empty, but I loved the graphics, and the metal holders attached.

I found these at Our Little Corner last week. a pair of santos hands,
which I am keeping.

This was a splurge. It's a large key shaped sign. I made a holder for it and put it on top of a book case. I love old signage, especially in black & white. I also love over-sized objects. and this is definitely an over-sized key.

Lastly is this cut cup & saucer. I just thought it was so pretty. I don't care that it's got a chip. Marked England on the bottom.


I've also been working on my booth this week. I re-did the whole back wall
I put up those 2 metal pieces that I found earlier in the week. I'm going for a "garden" theme here. All items in the pictures below are for sale.

I don't know if any of my displays are Teresa worthy, but they are coming along.

And an old tackle box for my misc ephemera


Be sure to check out my Garage Sale tomorrow morning, and go over and check out Mindy's Sale today. She's got some great stuff over there this week.
have a great weekend.
Margo

5 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Oh you are too sweet, but I think your displays are great. They are Margo worthy, which is a lot!! Please email me about the price of the hands, great finds.

Mindy said...

Wow! You have topsy turvy'd the booth since I was there Sunday. It looks wonderful! Now, let's hope today it all gets torn up, with everything being sold!

Thanks for the plug. Don't you need a sink or two? *wink* ~Mindy

Barntiques said...

Displays are never quite right with my head. And then people ooohhh and aaahh and I think, guess I will leave it! Public is crazy, but I really love it when the wallet appears!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Love the key and the stand you made for it! And your displays are looking fab!

csudderth said...

Don't blame you for splurging on the key--love it!
Christy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin