Thursday, June 11, 2009

Took a day off for Judy Hill's Sale


In The midst of all the getting ready for Winnie & Tulula's Grand Opening. I took a day off from washing, and pricing and loading, to go to Judy Hill's sale. I've been anxiously awaiting it since her last sale in November.
It was fantastic as usual, and I did make a purchase.

These gals were the first in line. Recognize anyone? That is Teresa Cano on the left, and "the other Teresa", Time Worn Interiors with her back to ya.

This is my group, I didn't actually know everyone in this group, but we traveled together. I didn't realize how short I am ;)

Mindy and David

We had time to admire the porch while we waited for Judy to open it up.

This is Judy and her wonderful and helpful husband.
In case you don't know the drill. Judy sells everything in her home. Everything is priced, and you get these little stickers. You write your initials on the stickers when you see something you like, and keep shopping. Then when you are done, you take a list of your purchases to the register and check out. The guys then help you to your car, and I hear they can even deliver.

I love how Judy takes the mundane and ordinary and makes it fabulous.

See what she's using as placemats, Dust pans :)


Now I know what to do with those big springs I have.


And here's my purchase. I was eyeing this at her last sale. I've got my hand on it so nobody snatches it out from under me. I will use it for display in my new booth. And here's the funny part. There was not room for it in the car we came in. So I asked one of my co-dealers from W&T if they could take it with them. And Mindy gladly agreed to haul it over there for me (since she was going that way anyway). Thanks Mindy, you saved me a trip back out to Kilgore to pick it up.

For more pics, see David & Mindy's separate flickr accounts.
Look at those stove pipes, what a great thing to put in the corner of a room.
That's all the pics I've had time to upload for now. Gotta go load the trailer.
Only 2 more days till Winnie & Tulula's grand opening.



11 comments:

TinaTx said...

Looks like it was worth taking the day off!
I don't think you are short - I'm guessing you just happened to be traveling with a bunch of tall people! :)

Nancy @ Ella Elaine said...

I wish I could have been there.
Thanks for sharing!

trash talk said...

I'm going to tell the teacher you played hooky! I wanted to, but the weather here was awful. I don't know the final totals, but we were up to 9" this morning in my area!
It doesn't look the rain affected Judy's sale any! Glad you had a good time.
I guess I'll backstroke it tomorrow to W&T's to work!
Debbie

Mindy said...

Your fab piece made it to W&T's just fine. It is sitting in your space awaiting orders right now. Can't wait to see your goodies all put together! Judy's show was an inspiration, no? ~Mindy

Lanette of Cottage Elements said...

Margo, I haven't had much time to be looking at blogs lately :( but when I saw your title on Judy Hill's sale, I had to check it out ASAP. I so wish I could have come and it wasn't so far away. The pictures you posted looked wonderful. Glad you were able to go. Best wishes on your newest venture. I'm sure it will be fab!

Lanette

THE VERANDA said...

Thanks for posting some pictures for us folks that couldn't make it. I so wanted to go, but couldn't get the ark built in time! The storms were terrible. Flooding everywhere! Glad to see it didn't mess with Judy's sale. See you at W&T's.... Maggie

Ki said...

Margo thanks for sharing photos. Love the piece you got! It will be absolutely perfect in your booth at Winnie & Tulula's. Good luck loading in and putting on the final touches. Judy's sale looked lovely!
Peace,
Ki

Dawn said...

Oh, love the dustpans, to think of things in that way is a gift! What a treat to see all that and what a way to spend the day!

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

I love all these pictures and what cool ideas. Thanks for showing everything to us.

Cynthia Holt Ziemian said...

Thanks for the great pics, Margo! This looks like fun!!!

Jill said...

WOW! Love the stuff. Love the idea of this sale. Would love to see more pics later if you have time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin