Monday, August 31, 2009

Some Junky finds



The sales have been thin for a few weeks. Not a lot of anything great but I've managed to find a few fun things. The item above is an old car horn. Sprayed with a coat of clear laquer and the red color just popped out.

Above, I'm not sure what these 2 things are. Some sort of rusty sink or car part. Each one has a pipe coming out of it below. The basins are about 10x6x5 each. Can't wait to figure out what to do with them. I'm thinking about outside planters in my junk yard.
Below: Now this is a first for me. I saw these when I was driving by this old house, they were stacked on the side, like trash. I decided to step out of my comfort zone and knock on the door. The guy was very willing to sell them to me and at a fair price.

The hard part about these things is getting the numbers and signs off. These screws are pretty well rusted stiff, so I may just sell them as-is with all the numbers etc. Any offers?????

As for my find of the week, the gate

I loved all your suggestions, but for now I've just got it out in my junk yard.
I really need to trim that bush so it can be seen.



Margo

2 comments:

trash talk said...

Did I congratulations yet? If not, well...congratulations on the beautiful coming attraction to your family!
Debbie

Vickie said...

Awwwwww!!!! They look so cute together! They make a very cute couple, Margo - you'll have beautiful grandchildren!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin