Monday, October 5, 2009

Last Day in MN, Medina Flea and Hopkins


Wow, I've been talking about my MN trip for longer that I was actually there. sorry about that, but it was jam packed and I needed to give it the coverage it deserved. This is the only thing like this I do in a year and I'm making it a yearly thing from now on. My one treat to myself. On my last day, Sunday, I decided to drive over to Medina (where the bonanza was last year) and go to their sunday morning flea market. It did not disapoint.


The Flea market is in the parking lot of the Medina Entertainment Center. Familiar to me as the location of the last 3 junk bonanza's.
You can't tell from the picture but its a decent sized flea, yet small enough that you can walk it in about an hour.

This is where it was really painful that I had no way to purchase large items.
this carriage was only $25.

And I was loving the bob sled below as a potential coffee table. I didn't even bother asking the price, as I knew I couldn't get it. :(


Then I headed off to Hopkins, as I had seen many of their stores were open on Sunday. My favorite stop in Hopkins was at LeAnntiques, at 6 N 10th Ave in Hopkins.


She had the unique items I'm drawn too, with a definite primitive slant.

LeeAnn is very nice, if you stop by her place, tell her hello and that you found out about her here.





Loved this piece she had next to the checkout


This was the end of my trip, but not the end of the adventure. If you followed me on facebook, you'll know I got stuck at the DFW airport with a canceled flight at midnight monday evening. so close yet so far. So I called a friend who lives nearby, and she put me up for the night, and I rented a car and drove the 2hrs home on Tuesday Morning. I had to be at work Tuesday to do payroll. I did eventually get to work, and the guys got paid.
Thanks for the rescue Penny, you ARE the best.

Finally home, with my treasures, playing catch up for about 2 weeks to get everything back in order. But it was worth every bit of the travel woos and I'll be going again next year. Can't wait.

Next, some project ideas I brought back, and the projects I've made since my trip.


5 comments:

Vickie said...

Margo, did you come back with any new scales??? You seem to attract them sometimes! ha -

I like that thingie by the checkout stand, too. You could do alot with it. I bet you can come up with some items that YOU could fashion one of those. I just know it!!! Bobsled table - now wouldn't THAT be a conversation piece!

Since Posado's is closed right now, we had to go to El Charro last night after church. It was good, but I can't wait to see what they do with Posado's. We were in there right before they closed, and they'd already done some painting on the outside and a little on the inside.

Have a great week! Looking forward to seeing your new projects!

marilyn said...

I've injoyed reading about your trip. I'm jealous I don't live closer..I would love to go to all those places. So much junk....so little time....

Cammie said...

I went to this last year, it was right outside the door of the hotel after the Bonanza, I kind of forgot about it, thanks for reminding me, I found some really cool things there. I saw a buggy just like that one yesterday and it was $100, that would have been a great buy!

Kim 'The Hillbilly' said...

I have that exact same baby carriage! Not is as great as shape as that one... but the SAME one... must have been popular in the midwest!

Cathy Cobblestone said...

So glad you had such a great trip -I can only imagine the incredible pieces you found to bring home with you. Can't wait to see all your creations!!! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Cathy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin