Saturday, May 1, 2010

About Me


Hello, My name is Margo and I'm a Junkaholic!!!

Well now that I've got your attention, let me explain. I do love to hunt and find stuff, a lot of stuff. But I realized a long time ago that regular shopping just wasn't for me. Where is the thrill of finding something that you know is already there?

A few years ago I vowed to try and go a year without buying anything new (except underwear). That is when I discovered that my real passion was creating and hunting for the unusual things that add character to my surroundings. During this attempt at green living, I fell in love with all things old.

Since pulling myself free of the retail trap, I am fully enjoying the process of the hunt, the find, and the creation of something wonderful from something that was discarded by someone else, as useless.
As in this post about turning a burn basket into a side table


I specialize in small items. I look for the unusual, the beautiful, the item that can have a use today, that may be very different from it's original purpose. 
As with most junkers I can't keep it all for myself. I love finding unique items that I can pass on to others through my Etsy shop
 
 

In recent years, I've been focusing mostly on my Instagram, Youtube and Facebook pages instead of this blog.  So be sure to click the links and follow me over there.  It seems there is always a story to tell.



Through this journey, I've been able to meet some fun fellow junkers and have had some amazing opportunities come my way.
In 2009 I was able to take the Junk Queen herself, Ki Nassauer, on a tour of the First Monday Trades Days in Canton Texas. The trip was a feature story in the Spring 2010 issue of Flea Market Style magazine and have been able to contribute some treasures, projects and words to the magazine, through the years.
 
 I've also had the opportunity to shop flea markets and shops in Paris, Belgium, Holland and Scotland.
 
Recently I have been approached by a few different groups for their prop needs. I've supplied  some props to a family photographer, a  local theater group,  and advertising agency.
 
   I'm most thrilled about props supplied for Movies and Television including: Mad Men, Marvel's Agent Carter, Hidden Figures, The Green Book, And the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
 
These are things that I never in my life thought I'd have the opportunity to do and I'm enjoying the ride.
Remember,
Keep on Junkin!
Margo

2 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hooray! You did it!

Well done....

I'm so impressed that you drilled through the metal.

I've just finished my very first furniture transformation...it has a soft industrial feel so I thought of you! I'd love you to drop by and see it if you have time.

Here's the link.

Sarahx

Beth said...

I have been a fan of RoboJunker.com for a few years now & I will be a follower here on your blog too! I never thought I'd be proud to say that I live for curb shopping! LOL!! You & your site contributors have been a HUGE inspiration for me!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin