Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Progress


Above Progress----------Below Goal
Metal will be painted and shelves will be stained. Now to get more parts. This project is adding up $$$$$$ But still cheaper than the one below. I'm getting a bit discouraged that I won't like it when I'm done.


Harder than it looks, but we are getting there.

What color do you think I should paint the metal? Brown like rust or gunmetal black. I'm thinking brown to match the metal strapping on that banana box that will be on the bottom shelf, and the Autumn colors in my house.

10 comments:

trash talk said...

I love the look of the black one, but for you I think brown. You want it to make YOU happy not others!
D

Stephanie said...

I vote for brown - stay at it - you will love it when it's complete!

Vickie said...

Me, too, brown. A very practical piece, Margo!

Sueann said...

The brown would work perfectly! Can't wait to see it complete! I am sure you feel that way too! Ha!
Hugs
SueAnn

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

I think we are all agreeing on brown, would look fabulous!
alicia

amy of studio four corners said...

there's a rustoleum metal spray paint (semi-gloss/stops rust line)that's called Anodized Bronze that I've been using and loving! its a brown with gray tones - might be just the thing for your project!
amy of four corners design

Mr. Flannery said...

Steely gray.

red.neck chic said...

you're going to have to come to the single-wide sometime... LOLOLOL
I tried what you're doing with chrome shelving and some barn wood. *giggle*

LOVE the way it's coming along!!! I say - black! But, the brown will look good too!

;-D I know, I'm so no help...
robelyn

Angie said...

So excited to see this come together!!

Vintage and Company said...

Keep up the good work! You'll love it when you are done!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin