Saturday, March 5, 2011

Busy Busy week-and new friends

About 2 weeks ago I got an email from Diane. I had met Diane at the Junk bonanza in September and she was coming to Texas. She wanted to know about area shopping and mentioned that she'd be stopping to shop at First Monday in Canton. Of course I answered any questions she had, Mentioned Winnie & Tulula's as well as Canton and we arranged a meet up. She surprised me by stopping by WT when I was working my space Wednesday afternoon.


Diane is one of the Barn chicks and she and her friend have several sales a year out of a Barn in Minnesota. Wish they had a blog or a web site or something I could send you to, but they don't just yet, hint! hint!

She and I arranged a meet up for Thursday in Canton and I left her at about 4:00 to head home and get some



Now my day job is keeping me quite busy these days so I had to spend Thursday morning at work, but headed out as soon as I could, around noon for the Canton Flea Market.

My first stop was to the civic center to buy some doilies, lots and lots of doilies


Why do I need doilies? Well I'm helping a friend decorate for her wedding reception at the end of May, and Doilies are one of the items we need mass quantities of. The Lady that sells Linens out of these big carts is a great source in Canton when you need lots of something and don't mind digging.

These lovely ladies helped me look while they were looking. We had such fun.

Then I was off to shop for a couple of hours before meeting up with Diane.
After our meet up I didn't grab any more pics because, we were so busy hunting and finding and visiting that I just didn't think about it. But we had a great time, and I introduced her to some of my Canton Vendor buddies, and we found some great stuff. The weather couldn't have been nicer, and the crowds were minimal. great for shoppers, not so much for dealers. But March is usually a moderately attended month. Thanks Diane for the fun afternoon.

I've got a fun doily project and pics of my Canton finds later this week.

Have a great Sunday
Margo






8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Can't wait to see your Canton finds! I made it to Laurie Anna's on Thursday but didn't hit the First Monday grounds this time.

Prior said...

Margo, what fun, the weather is great for Canton...I am intrigued about your doily project, I love those bins! Are you gonna make it to Round Top? Lezlee

Tricia @ Vintage No. 35 said...

I cannot wait to see you finds. I cannot believe the big bins of doilies!

Sueann said...

How great that the two of you could meet up like that!! Cool!!
Doily project huh?? Let me see???
Hugs
SueAnn

time worn interiors said...

Loving the doily bins! Wow, that would be fun! Easy setup for her!
Theresa
aka:tot

Sarah said...

Whoa, that is a lot of linens. Out of curiousity, what does one have to pay for them when you have to dig like that?

Anonymous said...

I went to Canton once and boy is that a big flea market! I just happened to be driving by heading to an out of state work meeting and I stopped for about an hour. I only saw a teeny-tiny bit of the market. I wish I lived close so I could go too. Glad you had fun :)Connie

Mic said...

How fun was that! Bet you got some fun things! Can't wait to see them.
Pam N.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin