Monday, March 7, 2011

What to do with all those Doilies? or Denim and Old Lace

I can't go toCanton without getting inspired. After a stop by the doily lady and then A visit to "girls gone junkin" I was inspired to try my hand at a doily vest.



Not an easy task... and so I decided to just alter a vest I had in my closet.

I know I'm supposed to be saving these doilies for my friend's wedding, but I can always get more and... one must strike while the inspiration iron is hot.



Here's my creation, all pinned up and waiting for the sewing machine.


4 comments:

Outofmymind said...

I love it. I've been wanting to do the same thing but am afraid to try just all lace and doilies. Love using the vest to try first.

The Green Pea said...

Great idea, I have a lot of old doilies. sandi

Anonymous said...

I never pass up old doilies or crocheted lace...so many things to do with them...I like mixing them with denim also. Thanx for sharing. Visit me sometimes. Tiff

Renie Cee said...

Great idea! Reminds of the Magnolia lady. Where is the doily lady located in Canton? I want to go....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin