Stay Connected With More Frequent Posts On:


Instagram

Monday, March 21, 2011

Ta Da! it's Finished

See post below for before pics. As I said this piece needed more than a good scrubbing. It had been stored in a building that had a leak, it was at the back of the shed, with stuff stacked up all over it. I bought a qt of oops paint at the RE-store that was a slighly lighter butterier shade of yellow.


I added the glass knobs and changed the hinges on the lid of the desk. I'm really happy with how the results. It always surprises me what a few coats of paint can do.

It now has a place of honor in my local booth space and, actually I hope it does not sell too quickly. I kinda like it.






12 comments:

Janine said...

I love it! Good job!!

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous!

Gresham Barn Sale said...

Good job - I bet it sells fast!

Farmchick said...

This turned out great!

Maureen said...

Mmmm....yes...looks yummy! When I finish something and I'm on the fence about keeping it, I usually price it a little higher. If it sells, cool. If not, I lower it when I am sure. Silly but true.

Teri said...

You've done a great job with this piece. It looks brand new!

Vintage Green said...

Love the hinged lid.....don't get TOO attatched, I don't think it will be in your space very long!!

Barbara Jean said...

sweet!!
blessings
barbara jean

A Cottage Muse said...

It looks so pretty and I love the color!

Jacqui said...

Love it! Fabulous!

Barbara at Oodles and Oodles said...

Hey, that's almost an exact replica of my childhood desk! (Except mine has three little drawers instead of two.) I took the top off and put it on a two-drawer cupboard, then painted it all white - I had more need of a hutch kind of thing than a desk. Great job!

Vee said...

Very nice. It is pretty amazing what you accomplished with some paint, hardware, and glass knobs.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin