Monday, March 21, 2011

Ta Da! it's Finished

See post below for before pics. As I said this piece needed more than a good scrubbing. It had been stored in a building that had a leak, it was at the back of the shed, with stuff stacked up all over it. I bought a qt of oops paint at the RE-store that was a slighly lighter butterier shade of yellow.


I added the glass knobs and changed the hinges on the lid of the desk. I'm really happy with how the results. It always surprises me what a few coats of paint can do.

It now has a place of honor in my local booth space and, actually I hope it does not sell too quickly. I kinda like it.






12 comments:

Janine Nieman said...

I love it! Good job!!

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous!

Vintage and Company said...

Good job - I bet it sells fast!

Michelle said...

This turned out great!

Maureen said...

Mmmm....yes...looks yummy! When I finish something and I'm on the fence about keeping it, I usually price it a little higher. If it sells, cool. If not, I lower it when I am sure. Silly but true.

Teri said...

You've done a great job with this piece. It looks brand new!

Gayle said...

Love the hinged lid.....don't get TOO attatched, I don't think it will be in your space very long!!

Barbara Jean said...

sweet!!
blessings
barbara jean

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

It looks so pretty and I love the color!

Jacqui said...

Love it! Fabulous!

Barbara said...

Hey, that's almost an exact replica of my childhood desk! (Except mine has three little drawers instead of two.) I took the top off and put it on a two-drawer cupboard, then painted it all white - I had more need of a hutch kind of thing than a desk. Great job!

Vee said...

Very nice. It is pretty amazing what you accomplished with some paint, hardware, and glass knobs.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin