Monday, July 18, 2011

Bottle Drying Rack-finally right!!!!



After trying the "herb" idea that I copied from French Larkspur, for awhile, it was just not working for me. So then I saw an idea where someone had hung some bottles with candles and decided to do that with the herbs. Quickly I saw that the whole thing was not working with the herbs, So I removed most of them . Then remembered these beautiful dishes I had in my Booth at Our Little Corner. I love them because of the colors (my house colors) and so I snatched them up and brought them home. I love how they look on the rack and the plates fit perfectly inside. A few dried roses remain with the candle/bottles. I added some white rocks to the bottles and a couple of old metal number labels I had hanging around. I think I'm finally settled and I like it.
And I'm loving the painted cabinet, and I wanted to show you a little re-do I had to make. This cabinet was originally designed with a built in wine rack of sorts. I'm not a wine drinker so I removed the rack and put these old metal parts bins in it's place. They hold my linens and things. I think it works great and adds an industrial feel to the piece.

Hope you have a great week and fun with some makeovers yourself.


Pop over to my Etsy shop to see what new treasures I've found.




7 comments:

JunqueMagnet said...

Love the look of this.The jars look great with the numbers hanging on them.Enjoy.

Prior said...

Looks great Margo...I always like the look of wine racks, but we don't drink wine either, so that was a good solution.
Lezlee

Sueann said...

Lovin' the china on the rack! The jars...not so much!
And that painted cupboard is fabulous and those industrial bins add just the right touch!
Hugs
SueAnn

ooglebloops said...

What a great display for the cups and plates!! Love the color of your cabinets!!!

Pjjunker said...

I think you've found the right home for your drying rack! Love how you bring your stuff back home and use it!

Pjjunker said...

I think you've found the right home for your drying rack! Love how you bring your stuff back home and use it!

Vickie said...

Hi Margo - bottle rack looks great! I still just LOVE your cabinet painted.

Thanks for your prayers for my friend that lost her daughter. I know the Lord has the power to heal. I'll pass your sentiments along...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin