Stay Connected With More Frequent Posts On:

Instagram

Friday, July 1, 2011

It's what's on the inside

As I was wondering around aimlessly, at a local garage sale today, i spotted this wonderful old vintage Candy Box. A Treasure in itself- then I opened it...
It was full of the most fabulous collection of vintage hair barrettes. I didn't have my glasses with me so I examined them the best I could and I could see there were some amazing ones in there. So I paid my money for the box and the contents and skipped away happily with my treasure. Still not sure what I had.

At home I carefully cleaned and examined my loot. I was not disappointed. There are many fun ones in there, the bestest ones are below.
A kitty clock (the tail moves), 2 pencils and a ruler. Aren't these just wonderful. Wouldn't you have loved going to school with one of these in your hair???
I would have.

Watch for them soon in my Etsy boutique for the softer side of junking.




6 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Very cool treasures inside! Love the little cat clock one.
Deb

The Cranky Queen said...

Lucky Ducky! Don't you love when you find something and then open it & the surprise gets even better! Life, my dear, should be like that everday...a present! Blessings, Tiff

Prior said...

how daring...the pencils and the golden rule and that cat.

Lezlee

Tricia @ Vintage No. 35 said...

I love when you find a treasure within a treasure. Great finds!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Margo how WONDERFUL....Good on you Lovey....I think that's probably the BEST score I'll see this weekend....!!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)

Mary said...

Awesome find inside & out!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin