Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Recent Obsession


I'm trying to keep this in check.
I've bought and sold Enid Collins Purses for several years.
Sometimes wishing I had kept some of them.

Recently at Winnie & Tulula's I had my eye on this one(on the left). Every time I went into the store I'd look at it, pick it up, touch it. It was perfect, No missing stones, no damage to the straps or clasp. After talking to the dealer who had it, I decided to just give into my desires and I purchased the bag.


Instead of listing it on my Etsy store, I think I've decided to keep this one, for awhile anyway.
Then Sunday I ran across another gem of a bag, It's Midas of Miami and although the picture does not do it justice. It's a wicker bag, with velvet in my favorite fall colors and gems and embroidery throughout, Also flawless with handles and clasp in tact. Inside it is fully lined with pockets etc.
It's the first one of these bags I've seen but I think I'm in love with them as much as the Collins bags.
Wish I had a better picture, this one does not do it justice.

Now I hope this obsession does not get out of hand ;) Maybe I can stop with just 2????

8 comments:

Vintage and Company said...

sure, just leave your eyes closed when you are out shopping! Great find!

trash talk said...

Margo,
Don't tell anyone, but Collins of Texas bags are my secret obsession. Maybe it's 'cause they were sold in a shop in McKinney during my teens or maybe 'cause my mom was scared by a rhinestone while carrying me! (Which would explain a lot of things.) Either one...I just love them.
Deb

Country Gal said...

Great finds ! I am the same way with stuff . Have a wonderful day !

red.neck chic said...

Oh my gosh Margo... I just drooled on keyboard over the second one! THAT is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! When you get tired of it - will you remember me?

;-D WONDERFUL finds!!!!!
robelyn

Vickie said...

They ARE pretty - I remember when my mom carried a bag like the Collins bag. Hope to see you out and about with one of these little gems!

JunqueMagnet said...

I read this post this morning.This afternoon while at a small consignment shop I found my own Midas of Miami bag.Talk about Junque Karma!!!!I laughed out loud when I opened the bag and saw the label.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Those are beautiful! I think you should get one more of each!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

No Lovey....You need JUST ONE more....SERIOUSLY....THREE is 'the' number....TRUST me....hahahahaha....!!

I can just see you out in 'The Fields' with one of these.... :o) !!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin