Monday, October 3, 2011

Book Review-Salvage-style Projects

I was recently asked to review a new book by This Old House called Salvage-Style Projects, published by Oxmoor House.



Although I do not feel the experienced junker would find this book helpful, it is a good resource for a beginner. The projects are done with commonly found items and are fairly simple. The tool information would be helpful for a beginner, as well as the flea marketing tips.
I was pleasantly surprised to find my friend "top hat mike" on page 10.

The pictures are nice, but I'll I want to stress that it is not a decorating book, it is more of a "how to" book.
If you are a more experienced junker you'll find that most of the projects have been seen before, in our world. But as I said, a beginner might find the projects and tips helpful.

It's a pretty good value on Amazon.com for just under $12.00

1 comment:

Sueann said...

Great idea for this book!!
Thanks
Hugs
SueAnn

Blog Widget by LinkWithin