Sunday, October 2, 2011

Camping in East Texas, Adventure


Mr R and I went camping this past weekend. The Weather was perfect and our friends had a perfect spot picked out. But as you know nothing in my life is ever without a little of the unexpected. Take a look there by Mr Roboto's ear, to the right.
Apparently there was a wildfire locally and these brave folks were utilizing the local water supply to extinguish the blaze. It was really cool to watch them suck up the lake water and then drop it on the fire just behind those trees.
The did this dozens of times, and we left before the fire was out. For all I know they could still be at it. At no time did I feel we were in danger. But I'm curious how it started. Any type of burning was banned at the camp ground, so no songs around the campfire or roasting weenies or smores :( This time around.


There were lots of kids in the camp ground and a few boy scouts as well. What a wonderful experience for them. Thought it was cute that they all had cel phone cameras.

2 comments:

Sueann said...

Wow! How exciting!!
That is a great pic of the boys with cell phone cameras!! Ha!!
Who'd of thunk it...where we are today...amazing!
Hugs
SueAnn

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Hey Margo....!

GREAT pic of you two with the chopper in the background....!!

We're just heading into fire season down here & I have my fingers crossed for a MILD summer to keep the fires at bay....!!

Cheers for now from Oz,
Tamarah xx

PS: An odd coincidence I'm sure that I experienced no further bites AFTER our room was down one....**wink**....!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin