Friday, June 29, 2007

Back From Canton...

My adventures started just 1/2 mile down the road. There was a stray horse running round on the road. A man had stopped and managed to catch it by it's bridle. I asked if it was his and he said "no". Then I asked if I could call someone and he suggested I call the Sheriff to come get it, that it had been out running on the street. So I called 911, told them the situation and headed on my way. Good deed for the day, Done.

After a quick 40 min drive I arrive at First Monday Trades Days. I park in my usual secret parking lot and head off to the junk section. One of my first stops was to see my new friend Linda Smith. She makes window conservatories that you may have seen on my windows page or Cherry Hill Cottages (Tina) page. Here's a pic of linda with one the prize of her collection this month.

Here is the complete conservatory

You can contact Linda by phone~ @ 214-686-4338, if you are interested in one of her wonderful
Conservatories.

After we visited, exchanged tool stories and hints she took me down to see the guy she gets her old keys from. He was a nice man named "Bob". I spent 47.00 at bob's booth buying bling for my creations, Keys, key holes, door plates etc.
He took this pic of the both of us.

I Shopped for a few more hours and Visited more with Linda. Found spindles and other fun stuff. Mostly supplies for future creations. I did buy one thing for me that I'll post a pic of later.
When I could bear the heat no more, I headed to the car, for the 40 min drive home.
It was a good day.

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hi Margo,
I love that conservatory.
Glad you had a good day. Love the picture.
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Hey Margo,
Your picture of the conservatory turned out Great..
my husband laughed when I told him we were sitting there swaping tool stories. Glad you stoped by today ..
Linda

Margo said...

Anonymous: That must be you Linda. I had a good time visiting, and after our second visit under your shade, I was ready for some more hunting. So I headed over to that far lane, behind you and found a great deal on some spindles.

What else does your Husband think we would talk about, Apple Pie Recipes or maybe The latest trends in Fashion???? Ha, Ha,

Anonymous said...

Margo...We're getting a late start for Carton! I'm sitting here waiting on Milton to get out of the shower...he had to go out to work this morning..I said I'd wait for him........I love the photos with you and Linda and the conservatory. Sounds like you had a great day! Oh, I heard the water turn off! Maybe I can help him dry off! He is so slow!!!!!!!!! Bye! Tina

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hi Margo: saw Linda today and after I introduced myself, she mentioned that she had seen you. I also took a picture of the same house; it was really cute and she's very creative, as you are. I'll post my pics of Canton later. I'd love to come help you at your barn sale as long as I don't have a show that weekend. Take care and have a great rest of the weekend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin