Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Wedding Pics, Finally part 1

I'm finally getting around to posting some wedding decor photos. It's been a whirlwind couple of months, so sorry for the delay.

I have no daughters so I was especially excited when my new DIL, Kalynne, asked if I'd help with the wedding decorations. Of course I said yes. She had lots of ideas and did lots of pinning on pinterest. My job was mainly to find the goods, and help HER visions come to life, and I threw in a couple of ideas as well, all subject to her approval. I love the motto of my good friend and florist, Alison..."we work for the girl in the white dress".


First and foremost Stone Oak Ranch in Murchison Texas is a fabulous venue. With this as a backdrop we could not go wrong with the decor. This table above was their property, we added the window with pictures of the bride and groom, and the coke bottle crate with vintage bottles. A large galvanized tub was filled with ice water bottles, which was a nice touch for the comfort of the guests. The sign in book rounds out the sign in table decor.
Simple benches are provided for seating and vintage galvanized buckets filled with babies breath are all the decorations needed for this area. Tip: Make sure your buckets hold water :) Several of mine had holes in the bottom...oops

And they stood under this fabulous tree festooned with vintage chandeliers to take their vows (all provided by Stone Oak)
It was beautiful

Reception
As everyone headed inside the barn for the reception, this seating chart (made by the bride) helped us know where to sit. The cake toppers belong to the parents of the bride and groom. The frame is a wooden one I picked up awhile back.It was spray painted a champagne color. Kalynne used burlap for the background, some simple jute held the cards.
On the back wall is a beautiful area, the frame, mantle and chandelier belong to the venue.
I added a hodge podge of vintage items, bringing in the vintage soda bottles again to decorate this mantle area. I did not know this area existed till decoration day.
But I had boxes of props in my car. It seems that in both weddings I've done, I have had a "surprise" area. It helps to bring extra stuff just in case. I usually end up liking these areas the best, go figure.

One of my favorite items was this "My Gal Tomatoes" Crate label. So cute.

This balcony is above the mantle area. The bride purchased the bunting online. It was made from burlap flags and says "eat drink and be married".
Tomorrow the Cake Table and Reception Centerpieces

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Beautiful, Margo! I have an idea that you and your new DIL are going to be great friends as well as kin! Great job, my friend - it's lovely!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

BRAVO Margo....B.R.A.V.O....Everything looked GORGEOUS....You both must have been so THRILLED with how it all turned out....The mantle was a DIVINE surprise for sure & the bunting....WOW....!!!!!

Can't wait to see some more pics....!!!!!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very NICE! I wish my daughter would do this for her wedding...she is a "modern" girl..of course there is time to change her mind!
Deb

Unknown said...

Lovely! I love that she made it her day. What special memories! My daughter wants to do something like this for her wedding.

Barbara Jean said...

Love it all. so beautiful. especially love that fireplace mantle piece. perfectly chippy!
blessings
barbara jean

Blog Widget by LinkWithin