Friday, December 4, 2015

Alternative Christmas Trees, a Tradition

A few years ago I decided I was going to retire the "traditional" Christmas tree for awhile . My boys are grown and moved out and
the tree is the hardest part for me, First there is the hauling it down, then putting it up and stringing lights. By that time my family has pooped out and abandoned me. Not to mention the putting it away 4 weeks later.

With that in mind, I put up a vintage aluminum tree for a couple of years. These go up real easy and there are no lights to string



Then I went way outside the "box".   with  this small tree from old spindles



As an accent I made this one from a single spindle and some wire. I still bring it out every year. It's a good accent decoration
 
Then I went to Pinterest and got loads of inspiration

 For the last 2 years, I have this one I made with an old screen and lots of vintage glass ornaments. At the end of the season, I wrap it up in an old sheet and just take it to the attic. I'll probably bring it down this season too. Inspired by this original project at Sointovintage.blogspot.com

 
 But when I saw this idea on Pinterest by lucydesignsonline.com I just had to try it.  Vintage frames make up this fun, but heavy accent tree. 


Wait till you see what I have cooked up for my main tree this year.


To see the complete list with links, go to my pinterest page.




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin