Thursday, March 4, 2010

Good Junkin Thursday



Around here the Estate Sales start on Thursday. Although the prices at estate sales are usually a bit too high, today there were a couple of exceptions.
I brought all of this wonderful stuff home with me.

Look at this wonderful old coffee tin, bucket thing, and some beautiful decanters

Orange ceiling tin, bright yellow printers tray, and a unusually shaped frame, and some spindles and an old folding shopping cart.

Lots of smalls

Love this industrial table, and the large tool box. A couple of old journals with writing in them form decopage and other projects


The pics I took of the junk made me want to take some more "staged" shots.

With these I was playing with the shadows of theh bottles and the basket, and I loved the bright colors of the tin and printers tray in the background.
Usually bright sun is your enemy but I liked the effect.

Maybe something for next year's calendar if I do one.

It was a good day.
How about you?????

14 comments:

Vintage and Company said...

Where did you go? I found nothing...yeah for you!

Legacy of Love said...

Waa.. I was at work, would have rather been shopping (I did cheat a little and go to a Goodwill at lunch and picked up a nice, clean rattan type trash can and a package of 12 tiny salt and pepper shakers.

Good stuff you found today,
God Bless,

Unknown said...

Good for you! I went to the thrift and got an old tall shabby laundry basket but I think I will put a liner in it and use it for a trash can $2.92. And I got a large copper planter with cool handles for $3.93. It just needs to get a little warmer here in Orlando before I go out in the yard to work.
Happy day to you!

CC said...

Hi Margo,
You did well,really well. I am so ready for the sales to start..springtime is almost here, so it won't be long now. It's great things you found today..

Mindy said...

It was a good day for me, too! I have the pics up on my flickr account. A truck load, for sure! Cool feet on that table. I like it. ~Mindy

Tami said...

Love the industrial table...what wonderful finds!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Sadly sales will not start here for another few months :( Your photography is really good--I am so bad! I think your son got the photographer genes from you, you are just discovering it!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Looks like you found some very cool stuff. I will start going to Estate sales later in the year and see if I like them.

Mallie said...

Great finds! Are you going to be keeping the old ceiling tin? I have been looking for some and my people around here don't have it.

Amy Kinser said...

You found some great things, Margo.

Vickie said...

Good haul, Margo!

I had a great day - lunch especially!

Martha said...

Great stuff, I'm looking forward to warm weather, flea markets, and yard sales.

Kudzu said...

that unusual frame would be great for a sailors valentine, maybe it used to be one!
great treasures:D
kudzu

Cynthia K. said...

Wow!! You made off with lots of great goodies. I think the decanters would be my favorite. Also I think the decanters with the sun shining on them is a fabulous picture. Love it...

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin